JT-200 review by Jay Turser

Jay Turser: JT-200

Purchased from: Clyde's Discount Music, Brunswick GA

I Play mainly worship style music & southern Gospel, this guitar allows me to move through a wide range of applications while also not giving me the constant hum, feed back, and static noise from my other single coil guitars. The sound is so rich and bright, it's hard to describe other than that it "sings", the sustain is awesome, as well as the action - again I can't wrap my head around the price - The MSRP of $339 is more than fair in my estimation.

Before I purchased this instrument I was playing a customized Squire Strat with all the cosmetic bell's & whistles, but no matter what single coil pickups are just what they are - so I was on a mission to find the perfect humbucker for my needs, and I did.

I would take this guitar to any of my ministry events such as homecomings, youth camps-lock ins, or anywhere else I can get the amp plugged in. Where the wood blocks are joined together is flawless, no dimples in the surface, and the frets are steel vs - brass so I am hoping this will make then last longer. The tuning heads are right on! They do not back out, or get sloppy between the gear teeth, very firm & smooth tuning.

When I purchased the guitar it was missing the Les Paul style pick guard, but I was actually kinda happy about that because it is the one thing about the Les Paul design that I am not to thrilled about. So I purchased two very nice looking finishing washers and bevel head screws [stainless] to go into the two empty screw holes - Looks great, feels solid, and is well made. I couldn't be happier with the product.

I found this Guitar as a "pre-owned" guitar, the only indication that it was pre-owned was because the owner told me, if not I would have known, other than the missing pick guard [that would have been taken off when I got home any way]. I wanted a solid humbucker at a low price, and I got exactly what I was looking for. As a full time Pastor with 5 kids and a paper thin budget, I can't believe the quality of the instrument considering the price. I feels great, handles easy, smooth action - The neck is easy to work, and it has perfect intonation!

260bpm
    Saw this same guitar used today for $99, what the heck I just might pull the trigger on one..