JT-300 review by Jay Turser

Jay Turser: JT-300

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

No when I started playing, and I finally learned iron man, it sounded great, but as I progressed through many classic rock riffs and solos I realized that the guitar is very easy to loose tune, I find my self tuning it after every time I bend allot. I own a Mega VL-10 and the overdrive is decent but the distortion from the amp is sometimes lacking.

This guitar suits classic rock fine. From Cream to Black Sabbath to Blue Oyster Cult it can do it all and still sound decent. I have been playing for a year now and I am quite comfortable with it. The only thing I wish this guitar had more of is distortion recommend it to anyone starting to learn to play.

The guitar is solid, it has survived almost a year with me and I am a spas, I am always banging it on walls and dropping it on the way to my lesson, and one time when I brought it to school it slid out of the back of my gig bag, but to my amazement it only suffered a minor scratch.

The only problems with the guitar were minor, suck as a bent string nod or the input jack wobbling loose, also mine did not come with a whammy bar.

I bought this guitar from a pawn shop and it was in OK condition. I didn't really know guitars that much, seeing how this one would be my first. I did a little research on the guitar and, it is probably made in Mexico. It has 3 pickups, 22 frets and I think the neck wood is maple, and there an oak decorative line downs the centre. When I bought it the strings that were on it were rusted and worn so I replaced them with standard electric. It has a red body and a cream colored faceplate. Also I hate the faceplate and I cannot change it because it does not take standard fit!