JT-300 review by Jay Turser

Jay Turser: JT-300

I like playing several different types of rock and metal.Some examples are AC/DC, Metallica, Pantera, Nirvana, Black Sabbath, Slayer, Guns N Roses, and those are just a few examples.This guitar suits some styles great and others just fair.With stock pickups, I can get sounds like AC/DC, Nirvana, Metallica, etc. pretty well.It does not give great Guns N Roses type tones, and it can handle a fair, but not great Pantera sound.The distortion is fair but could be better and the pickups have some humming.But, the clean tones on it are absolutely amazing! The amp I use is a Traynor Studio Mate 10, which works good and has good tone, but sometimes with this guitar it isn't amazing.I don't have or want any effects, I just like simplicity, the guitar pluged up to the amp with distorted sound.

Like I said, I play several types of rock and metal and this guitar is fair but I wish it was more versatile. I've had this for almost 5 years but just got really into playng a little less than a year ago.If this guitar were stolen, I would like to have it back but if I could afford it, I would get another one.Some great things about this instrument are it stays in tune great, it's light, and has awesome cleans. Some negative things are a loose strap button, jack coming loose all the time, and the distorted soung is good but could be better, and this guitar isn't as versatile as I would like, but still good.This guitar is great for the price, but if you have money, go with something better and more versatile. It pretty much has all the controls I like.

This guitar could probably withstand some live playing, but you might want a backup just to be safe.The hardware is fair but some needs to be maintained carefully over time.I would probably want a backup if I took it to a gig, but this guitar would probably do fine. There are some scrathches on the body, and a ton on the pickguard, but none of them bother me at all.There is also a small chip on the back from when I once dropped it, but I dropped it other times and nothing happened.

First of all, the action when I got it straight from the case was great, though there is a small buzz on the low e string.The output jack on the guitar comes loose all the time and I have to tighten it. One strap button, the one nearest to the fretboard, came out and I had to glue it in. I recently raised the pickups some to get a fatter tone but it didn't sound bad before.

Not sure what year it was made, but got it in 2003 for Christmas.I believe it says made in China.I got a blue one in a Starter Kit which included the guitar, 6-watt amp, cable, strap, case, picks, allen keys, and a key to lock the case.It has 21 frets and I believe a mahogany neck (don't have a lot of knowledge on different types of woods).The guitar has a Strat style body with a laminated transparent top.Included are a volume knob, two tone controls, and a 5-way selector Switch with locking tuners.

J Dub
    This was my first guitar. It was a great beginners guitar. But if you have any experience, it's crap.
    Vasser
    After playing guitar for 2 years, I still love mine and haven't bought a different one because I'm in ****ing high school and have no job. Just pick up another guitar at the same price and you'll appreciate how much of a value this thing is.
    thewho65
    I've had a Jay Turser for a little while now and it really only is okay for beginners. Even if you're an intermediate, you'll probably think less of them. The finish on mine is shit.
    SOADriff
    they guy that inspired me to pick up guitar on youtube used this for some of his covers. it sounded pretty good. =)
    jessicasilva
    Its good for a first guitar coz is really cheap and the cuality for that price is really cool, but Its not a good guitar, when you play for a year you'll notice that is not worth to play with it and get a better guitar
    jessicasilva
    I had it for a year and at the of the year it got a huge buzz on the 1-5 frets and in the last ones were to high that couldn't do anything on them.
    filthylittleboy
    wow, goofs. not a single fretboard i've seen for these guitars is maple >.< these guitar's are JUNK parents who don't want to spend any money on their kids buy this guitar. bleh >.