JT-300 review by Jay Turser

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Jay Turser: JT-300

Purchased from: EBAY (new)

I play neo classical metal such as Yngwie Malmsteen and this guitar would fit that style exept that the pickups are very bad. i use a Crate GT15 practice amp with a Rocktron Metal Planet distortion pedal and sometimes a DigiTech Grunge pedal. The guitar has an annoying humming sound even when I turn the volume down and you can get alot of different sounds though by switching the pickups.

Like I said I play neo classical metal and good old prog metal and any good Strat would suit that style exept for this one. I been playing for 3 years. I also now own an ESP M-II guitar with DiMarzio X2n Pickup on the bridge and DiMarzio the tone zone on the neck. I also own an Engl Fireball which is amazing and a Marshall cab. If this guitar was stolen I'd celebrate and wouldn't think twice to buy it again. I don't like anything about it exept the black finish. Hate everything else.

I would never even think about playing with this guitar Live cause it's already falling apart so it's not reliable. The finish seemd pretty think so I doubt it would wear off so that's one good thing. I would definatly not use it in a gig so I wouldn't need a backup. I'd use my ESP M-II.

The finish was probably the best thing about this guitar. Pure black gloss but the neck was way to high so the stings were way to high from the frets so I had to adjust them. The pickups were almost in the guitar all the way so I had to adjust those too. There was a slight scratch on the back and the tremelo bridge only had 3 springs on it. After like a month, all the screws on it and even the bridge started to rust. Only the tuning heads were like new.

I think this guitar is made in china because it sucks... It's got 20 frets, it's the basic 25.5 inches overall length and the body is really fat so that's why they call it a fat Strat.. I think it's made of plywood. The finish is black and the fretboard is rosewood. The body is a basic Strat shape and the bridge is a one way tremelo. Passive pickups. 2 tone knobs 1 volume knob. The pickups are factory default and don't even have the manufacturers name. The tuners are nonlocking and I don't know the brand as it doesn't say. It came with nothing. Just the guitar. there's 1 humbucker on the bridge and 2 single coiled pickups.

gradcore
    jessicasilva : I had it for a year and at the of the year it got a huge buzz on the 1-5 frets and in the last ones were to high that couldn't do anything on them.
    I had the same problem, your just using too high or too low guage strings on it. I tried changing my strings as my guitar teacher suggested (changed to .11's btw from .08's), and no more buzzing
    vaton9
    i play mine trouth a cheap 15 watt yamaha amp and a boss ds1. depends the setting depends the sound. its crap but for the price , no complain.
    vaton9
    Another thing is that i can only play one pick up because the others are to bassy. Dont know why.
    emoxpestilence
    my friend has one of these...and i have a begginner's fender starcaster...his sucks when not in the bridge pickup on the distortion, but mine sounds almost perfect no matter what pickup config. i use. i can honestly say, i would get it only if i was very poor, my fender snapped in half and couldnt be fixed, or i couldnt find anything else around $120 or so, but i would still look used for anything better.