JT-50 review by Jay Turser

Jay Turser: JT-50

Purchased from: Yancy Music Center

Shortly after I bought my guitar I bought a Jay Turser amp. I don't like the sound I get with this amp, but when I go for my lessons, at the same place I bought my guitar, I get great sound with whatever amp we use. I like to play heavy metal stuff but the guitar also sounds great playing surf songs and stuff like Sweet Home Alabama! I also get great sound playing things like Stairway To Heaven with my amp I use flange and distortion but it doesn't sound as good playing at home than at my lessons. I usually get a great rich sound using any effect.

I like to play a little of everything. But mostly heavier stuff. Yes it sounds great for playing heavy, but it really sounds it's best playing surf songs and stuff like Sweet Home Alabama and Stairway To Heaven! I like a variety of music and I think it can handle anything. I have had this guitar for a year, and have been taking lessons at yancey for like 6 months. If someone stole it I would be devistated! I would totaly bye another one. My favorite thing about this guitar is that it almost sounds as good as it looks.

I think this guitar will hold up. I have put it through alot lately! It looks like eventually the tuning pegs are going to have to be replaced but not any time soon, that's for sure. The only thing I don't like is how the strap button is on the back. My strap constantly falls off. I would totally take it on a gig without a back up! And the finish will definatly not wear off with play. I hope to have this guitar for a very long time. I don't think I will ever get rid of it even if I find something better.

Recently I thought I broke my guitar! The amp wire plug in came unscrewed and it fell inside the guitar. Luckily I unscrewed the back and just scewed the front back on with my fingers. I did not like that at all! another thing that agrivates me is that the pic up farthest away from the neck is loose. Not falling off loose but wiggily. Also when I got it one of the strap holders was loose. Other than that everything else was fine and perfect. The finish was great too. I really like the red and how vibrant the color is.

I like everything about the guitar espessialy the fact that it is an eye catcher. When I bought it there was also anouther one to choose from. It was the same red but had gold pic ups and accessories, and also pearl finishing on the neck. I think that the gold didnt match and it didnt look as good as mine. I bought a case from the place I bought it but I really want a coffin case.

SG3390
    Does the third guy actually have no idea how to adjust the action on a TOM? Seriously, turn the knob. It'll make loads of difference. Adjust the pickup height, you can clean up the sound a lot, make sure everything is nice and tight, and I bet it'll perform just as good as an Epi.
    Gitarrenspieler
    ok this thrid guy is a moron. all of his problems could be fixed by toying with the truss rod, bridge, and pickup height. and by the way, "arse" sounds hella lame (say crap buddy).