JT-50 review by Jay Turser

Jay Turser: JT-50

Purchased from: Tom Washburn

I play mainly rock and roll, like AC/DC, Def Leppard, Kiss, ect. Played with my Crate GFX-20, I get amazing sound from this thing. This has a nice, bright sound, gets easy harmonics, which I love. I mainly bought this at first because I am an Angus fan, but would have gotten this anyway had I known anything about guitars.

I absolutely love this guitar. I'm soon to have and Epi LP-100, but I'm sure this will still be my guitar of choice. I play mainly '80s rock, and I wouldn't suggest anything other than this to someone just starting to play guitar. If this guitar happened to be stolen, broken, or ruined, I would definetly buy another one.

I've never had a gig anywhere, but I think I would definetly take this with no backup. It has nice hardware, which seems like it will last forever. The strap buttons have never had to be tightened in the year I've had it. I can definetley depend on this guitar, as it has sturdy strap buttons, Tune-O-Matic bridge, and everything else on it is nice and strong.

I wouldn't know how it was set up from the factory, seeing as I bought it used, but from the place I bought it from, it was perfect. The only problem I've ever had with this guitar is that the input jack keeps coming loose. I've had this guitar for almost a year now, and it hasn't gotten any scratches.

This guitar was made in China sometime in 2000. This is SG style guitar features has 22 frets, a mahogany body, rosewood fingerboard and a mohagany neck, 2 humbuckers, 3 way selecter switch, and a Tune-O-Matic bridge, this guitar sounds great. I had to play without an amp for a while, as I had none. The first amp I used was a Ibanez Troubadoure, but soon gave that back to the person I borrowed it from. I am currently playing with a Crate GFX-20, and it sounds great.

offsetmike
    i wanna buy this one...i dont believe the daevyne guys ranting...so imma buy it concidering the fact that i liked it alot...i played it today on a marshall stack (i donno wat kind but it was pretty cool) it was nice...i've heard better...but i like it