JT-50 review by Jay Turser

Jay Turser: JT-50

Purchased from: Lightning Joes Guitar Hevan

My playing style as far as electric guitar goes is progressive rock, alternative, and some metal. When I first plugged in this guitar, I was immediately drawn to it's sound. My only complaint would be that it has way too much bass when I'm using a clean channel. I'm using it through a Blackheart BH5H and Boss DS-1 (which I stopped using because I prefer natural tube distortion). it's very versatile at high volumes. Most people complain about the tone knobs not being effective, but you just have to know how to use them.

I play allot of progressive rock, and things alike. I play allot of Tool, Alice In Chains, and APC. This guitar is just what I was looking for and has a very dark sound that I can't stay away from. I've only been playing for a little over a year but I am a natural tone freak. If this guitar were stolen, I would be very disappointed and start saving up for a new one.

I've been very rough with this guitar and it hasn't chipped yet. The hardware is still holding up, the strap buttons are very strong, but like I mentioned before the input jack loosens up after a while. I can take this guitar on stage without a backup any day. I'm pretty sure it will last me a very long time.

I wouldn't know how the factory setup was because the people at Lightning Joe's Double check the setup on all of their guitars. Although I did adjust the pickups and action to my liking. The finish had no flaws except for some excess lacquer at the neck and body joint.

My JT-50 was made in china, probably in 2006/07. It has a 22 fret rosewood neck and looks just like an original SG. I'm not sure what the body is made of but it seems pretty solid. The model I have had a clear coat that shows off the wood grain. It came loaded with a Tune-O-Matic bridge, two very powerful humbuckers, and a 3-way pickup selector. My only complaints are that the tuners aren't very good, and the input jack loosens up every once in a while. Overall I think it's a pretty tough guitar.

Anjohl
    Some of the Turser guitars are alright..I played a yellow turser SG that was actually really nice.
    killerkane2k
    Keep in mind these guitars are made in China, and Quality Assurance is never top notch there. That being said, I own one, and several other "Chinese" made guitars, and if you do buy one, look it over. they can be just fine. but I looked at 2 of the JT-50's and one was crap, and the other I bought and love it.