JT-XG2 review by Jay Turser

Jay Turser: JT-XG2

Purchased from: guitar man laurel, delaware

Usually I play this guitar with no effects it sounds great right from the case. The twelve string neck sounds a little mushy with effects. I play the blues mostly and this guitar has a great bluesy tone and plenty of sustain to hold onto those long bends! I play this guitar through my Marshall G30r-cd and sounds rock ready! When playing the blues I usually play with the selectors in the rythm posistion but a flip of the Switch to treble and it has a great bright clean tone! But it is caple of making any type of sound with this guitar and you actually get to tries per guitar thaks to the fact it's a double neck!

This guitar suites me just fine and looks darn good too! If it were lost or stolen I would definatly replace this guitar! I love everything about this guitar eccept it's weight! The only difference I see in the Gibson is the price so to me it was a no brainer on which one to buy! After a year of playing it is still kicken the blues butts and still sounds great doing it as well!

This guitar is rock steady no blemishs even after one and a half years playing. The hardware all seems to be holding up fine it is still perfect. Now the plug where you plug in the guitar came loose and was an easy thing to tighten! Would I gig with out a back up? no way just because I wouldn't want to be praying that the guitar I was playing remained playable!

Set up at the factory was perfect not a single complaint! I do play slide guitar a lot so the action is a little to low for slideing! However I overcame that problem when I bought a ceramic slide! Takes less pressure on the strings to slide and I've tried glass, pyrexx, and steel slides.

Ok if you don't know it this is a Gibson SG style double neck guitar! It is one of thirty-six blue guitars made and it is bad to the bone! There are a lot of features to a double neck guitar but I will try to keep it simple. First of it came with a hard case not a gig bag like most guitars in this price range. twenty-two frets on a rosewood finger board! The body is Mahogany with a transparent blue finish. The hardware is all flawless chrome plated! It is a SG copy cat so I can look like jimmy page with a smaller price tag! The controls are two volums knobs one foreach neck and shared tone knob. There are no neck selector Switch on this guitar so both necks are always on and ready. There are two threeway selector switchs for the humbuckers! The 12 string neck has two covered humbuckers while the 6 string has two open humbuckers! Tuners are grover none locking but hold very well!

guitardudedon
    he sells them on ebay also but no more blue ones left only the red and the white ones and they are 699.00 why i dont know?
    jopaog
    Hi, I have one and just tricked it OUT!!!!! four custom pickups, pot upgrade, oil cap, new nut, seperate tone controls---- Kicker- two thick brass nect plates, with extra tight wood inserts to screw those plates down tight and make the neck one with the body, just as good as single peice, or better bro... LOL Kicker kicker, 4 shure shots with phaze reversal, in heaven yet....
    RockJohnnyBrol
    are you sure it's made of mahogany? I can't seem to find any information of what it's made of.