Warlord review by Jay Turser

Jay Turser: Warlord

Purchased from: Guitarman in laurel, delaware

I play mostly blues but this guitar sounds really deep and full! A blues guitar no! but playing mettalica or anything with that kinda growl sound this guitar handles it well! I play this guitar through a Marshall G30RCD and sounds great! It is not noisy no hum or hiss and it has only a volume knob! and a 3 way selector Switch Switch it one way you get a deeper sound and Switch it the other way to brighten it up. The selector Switch on the brighter side easily gets the ac dc angus young sound and the darker side it can get that Kiss ace freley sound! And it kinda goes almost anywhere in between! The only accesory that came with this guitar was a strap I wanted for this guitar! There is a hardcase availible for this guitar that I will be getting soon! And I must say this guitar does not need a tone knob.

When I bought this guitar I was in a not so good mood and just went in to look at what the guitarman in laurel delaware had new in his store on my lunch break and it was love at first site! then I played it and said wow! My buddy Who I was with doesnt't play guitar and he wanted one! To make a long story short I bought it! I mostly play the blues and slide guitar but if the mood strikes I play heavy metal or ac dc type of rock and it pulls it off easily! This is not my first Jay Turser guitar and it wont be the last one my next will be the serpent and I have there double neck as well. I've been playing for over 3 years and this was my sixth guitar I bought! it handles the mor ballsy music very well and it's so light it can be played for hours with no pain! Stolen or lost hmmmmm I'm a big boy now I don't lose things and stolen it would be found! replace it? Definetly! Did I compare it? I don't know of another guitar that looks like this! I wish it had a case at least a gig bag everything else is awesome!

This guitar is built fine for Live gigging it's rock solid and stays in tune forever! The hardware is flawless and should last for years to come! It's well balanced and very light! Almost feels like it should be a v for women(not saying that woman aren't strong)The finish is awesome and this guitar has no pick gaurd and no scratches yet and I like the new dava picks with the metal tips! Strap buttons are solid! Would I gig with only this guitar with out a back up no but if this was my only guitar I'd try it!

The action is a little on the high side but it plays fast and easy, that's my only complaint about this guitar it was flawless I just haven't got to lowering the action yet! The finish is flawless as is all the chrome hardware! I think this is the only guitar I own that the guitar cable jack has not come loose!

Classic look. Two hot humbuckers. Gold hardware. Block inlay. Colors: ivory, black, metallic silver. At least that what it says on there web site and they call it a classic design! Personally I feel this guitar screams with attitude in black but the white one reminds me of a virgin in a prom dress. The black guitar comes with chrome hardware! 22 frets ith a large headstock kind large like a Dean guitar but a different styling but it kinda balances the guitar nicely. From what I can find on the web this guitars body is made from Pauwlina and the neck is maple. The pickups are hot open humbuckers like the dirty fingers style.

johnro6659
    This was the first Jay Turser guitar I bought and I was amazed at the quality and construction for the price. Mine is a Purple Flametop with all gold hardware the inlays are MOP and Abalone as is the binding. When I plugged it in and cranked my amp I was amazed at the sound the pups produced. Since I got the Warlord I bought two other JT guitars and both of those are just as good. JT makes a great guitar that is equal to guitars that cost much more.
    guitardudedon
    I failed to mention that because the action is a little high i tuned her to open d and put the slide to her and it sounded awesome!!!!!
    guitardudedon
    thats a pretty lousy comment if you played the warlord i would feel just fine with you saying you diddnt like playing it but to put it down comparing it to a dean razor back on looks there is no comparison and dimebag would probably say cool guitar so go try one then post your comment again colster6000!