JD-905 Goth Review

manufacturer: J&D date: 09/12/2011 category: Electric Guitars
J&D: JD-905 Goth
Nothing special but still it's a solid guitar for beginners who want to develope fast, since it's a lead guitar.
 4.8
 6.4
 3.1
 1,895
review (1) 11 comments vote for this gear:
JD-905 Goth Reviewed by: Spine V., on september 12, 2011

Price paid: € 200

Purchased from: Rainbow Music Croatia

Features: Not sure about the year but I think somewere around 2005, not sure... spec: Construction: All Black Finish Body: Solid wood Neck: H.Maple Nut: 5mm Black Fingerboard: Rosewood w/Bat Inlay Machine Head: Die-Cast Tremolo: Standard Hardware: Matt Chrome Pickups: Cover, S-S-H, Black (as I've been told high output) Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 5 Way SW there you go, as far as I've red about other guitars, nothing special but still it's a solid guitar for beginners who want to develope fast, since it's a lead guitar...the only thing I find annoying are tuners, the guitar goes out of tune almost every time I stop playing for a couple of days, maybe it's because I lean it on the wall cause it's kinda messy lately at home (don't worry, I keep it in a gig bag) but still they are kinda loose and I didn't find a way to tighten them or won't mess around cause it's the only guitar I have, no money... // 7

Sound: As far as music goes, it' suits me great I can't complain...I mostly play metal with lost of fast tremolos and melodies so anything from ol heavy, trash to melodic death, even lately trying to do some tehnical death...I have a Marshall MG30 DFX 80 watts, probably you all know it, and no efect pedals or anything aside cause I want to get the best sound out of the guitar so it's just the guitar, amp and me...Noises, I have them cause sometimes I'm kinda sloopy at playing (tired or something eles is f***ing me in the head) so mostly it's me...I had a 12 fret G string ring out (harmony) but I fixed it in a way that I raised the bridge (and I'm very comfortable with the height of the bridge)...the noise is mostly when played through overdrive as you can guess, but on clean, you can play decent solos (even fast ones) without any ringout, it's great...well as it's a very fast guitar (thin neck) you (I can't so it's maybe just me) can't play let's say chords fast very clearly on a thin neck (I have quite long fingers so I lose lots of time when changing from chord to chord fast but again it can be just me)... // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: To tell you the truth, I don't remember about action and that stuff ( I bought it 3 years ago) but as far as I think it was made to plug in and play, hah...for the flaws, there was some white stainds and still is I can't tell you what it is but I think something used in the process of making or while the guitar was being transported, maybe to protect the matt finish...overall not the best treatment cause it is a cheap guitar (even though 200 is not small money, but for us it's a fortune to get a new guitar for that price), but still not as it is garbage... // 7

Reliability & Durability: Live playing...in my 3 years of playing I didn't have the opportunity to play live, even small 15-20 min. gigs, but I think it would stand those small gigs, but I wouldn't play it without a back-up guitar... As it goes for the hardware, unfortunately it a cheap guitar and something would mess up if it would fall or simillar...I know, cause it felt once on the neck and nothing worse happend, just the fret treshold(?) was damaged but I got used to it, it has a buzzy sound 9th fret G string...since the finish is matt, it wores off on the places where you lean your hand (elbow towards your fist)... // 5

Overall Impression: As I said before I play everything fast and melodic, so I can say for the amount of money I had and the opportunity I got a great guitar, I developed fast through last year and a half cause I was and still am practicing almost every day from minimum 2 to 5, somedays 8 hours just picking strings or exercise... I it were stolen, I would buy myself some better guitar, something that is cheaper but better, in my case Scehters, they are quite cheap around here (500 upwards)...there you go, not much of help just a review about my (poor) ''gear''... // 6

Comments