JD-GG1 Review

manufacturer: J&D date: 06/09/2006 category: Electric Guitars
J&D: JD-GG1
22 frets, rosewood fingerboard, pearl trapezoid inlays, standard SG style neck, body is alder and neck mahogany.
 6.3
 6.6
 2,629
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
JD-GG1 Reviewed by: Johnny Blade, on june 09, 2006

Purchased from: Fernandez Music

Features: Made in 2003 unsure what country though, 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard, pearl trapezoid inlays, standard SG style neck, body is alder and neck mahogany, finish is black, body style seems different to my other SGs and different to any SG that I have seen, the body is longer than most SGs, Tune-O-Matic bridge, 2 volume, 2 tone controls & 3-way selector switch, 2 Ceremic humbuckers, Kluson Die-Cast tuners, gig bag and cable included. // 8

Sound: At the time I bought this guitar I was playing AC/DC. So that suited this guitar fine. The amp that I was using was a Jade Storm 25 and for effects I was just using a standard Denio DS-30 Distortion pedal. The pickups are pretty good in this guitar. Would like to know what make and model they are. Seems to have pretty good sustain when using the neck pickup. I don't really use this guitar any more, it is just a backup now. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setup ok from the factory. The action is a little to high for my liking and also I don't like the positioning of the upper strap button. It is on the back of the horn, an unusual place. This makes the guitar very neck heavy and uncomfortbale to play with a strap. This and the high action takes points away from this guitar. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't use this guitar for live playing. It is my last resort backup. The hardware dose seem like it will last, however I don't really play it much so it won't ware from too much playing. The strap buttons seem solid just that the top one is in a bad spot. // 7

Overall Impression: This is a good match to the music style that I play which is now Black Sabbath. I have been playing for 6 years now and I own 2 Epiphone SGs and a Gibson Tony Iommi SG. I wish I knew what I wanted when I bought this product. This was my first SG and it was cheap. If it were lost or stolen I wouldn't get another one. I would replace it with a Gibson or something. // 6

Comments