JD-LC1 review by J&D

J&D: JD-LC1

Purchased from: Musicstore Koëln

The sound of this guitar is magnificent. It sounds like a real Gibson. I play '70s rock to metal. It sounds very clear even without an amp on. I am using a Stagg 15 Watt amplifier and I use a DigiTech RP100 effect pedal. The sound is very bright and there is less to no buzzing.

I mostly play rock music in my band. The guitar is outstanding for people who like to play rock music. It isn't such a metal guitar although. I have been playing since September 2005 and my other guitar which was my beginner guitar was an Adonis Stratocaster Sunburst Edition. I am really a huge fan of Les Paul's and I couldn't wish for anything else then this beauty. If it was stolen or lost I would surely buy it again. It would be a waste if you didn't. I love the finish on the guitar and the reliable bridge. What I hate about the guitar. I can't say I hate it but it could weigh a little less. I compared it to a Gibson Les Paul. I chose the J&D Les Paul because this price is a lot less then a J2000 Gibson. It has the same features. Sounds the same. Looks the same. The only thing I wish it had was that you could put a hammer on it. Which is not possible with this guitar.

The guitar will definitaly stand out for live playing. I have used it for each of my concerts. The hardware is gold plated and looks like it will last very well. If you only have one guitar this is a guitar you can depend on during a gig. The finish isn't thin at all and you can rely on it for a couple of years.

The guitar looks like a beauty. It has the original Les Paul Top. When the guitar was bought there we're no flaws found to it. Except for maybe a scratch on the pickguard. The bridge is properly routed and restringing the guitar is very easy. The frets aren't sharp at all. It weighs about 5 Kilo's which is pretty heavy if you sit down.

The J&D YC-LC1 (Les Paul) has the same amount of frets as a regular acoustic guitar. It comes equiped with regular D'Addario strings. The neck is made out of maplewood with clamshells on the fretboard instead of dots. There are 2 humbuckers on the guitar. The brige is a floyd rose. The same one's that are used for the Gibson LP. There are 4 volume knobs and 3-way selector (rythm, rythm & treble, treble). My guitar included a hard-case. Which is very reliable.

SunnYParK
    hey, I live in the netherlands nd ordered a guitar via the site of musicstore koeln, but I ain't got any mesage from them yet.. How long did it take by you getting the guitar?