JD-LC1 review by J&D

J&D: JD-LC1

Purchased from: local shop

I play everything but mostly heavy stuff and it suits my style well, the pickups are quite similar to that of the Epiphone Standard les paul, but a fraction better. I was using this with a Peavey Backstage plus and that was an absolute great combination for classic rock but now I use it with my Marshall VS AVT275 and DigiTech Death Metal (don't let name fool you) pedal and it works great for my style. It has quite a rich warm sound to it. This guitar can do absolutly any style!

I play pretty much everything but I mostly play "metalcore" and "post-hardcore" stuff (God I hate genres). I have been playing for a year now and this was my first guitar but I have played a lot of guitars in shops. It is about equivilent to the Epiphone Les Paul Standard. If it were stolen I would buy this again. Overall great guitar.

This guitar is so solid! I did a guitar spin and my strap lock broke and it flew about 3 metres in the air then smashed onto the concrete floor and slid for about 5 metres until it came to a hault. I ran over to it and was really pissed off, but thank god it only had a tiny chunk of the edge of the body which looked like a rat had bitten it. I would use this at a gig with out a backup. The finish is really good and heavily put on.

I bought this second hand it was in mint condition. The only thing I needed to adjust was the pickup height. The guitar contained no flaws even though it was second hand and gigged with. It did have a loose pickup selector switch but I had that fixed.

It was made in Australia. Standard les paul features. It has 22 jumbo frets and a mable neck and a solid alder body. It has a black finish with chrome hardware and cream pickups selector and scratch plate and neck and body binding with gold top hat knobs. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge and is a les paul style body. It has passive pickups. It has 2 tone and 2 volume controls and a 3-way pickup selector switch.

StaceySonic
    Herazio
    StaceySonic wrote: What is this Herazio guy talking about. There is no Floyd Rose bridge on a Les Paul, it has a Tune-o-matic bridge. It definitley doesn't sound like a Gibson. The pickups are really crappy, and the potmeters also. If you buy this guitar you definitely have to change the pickups and potmeters for some expensive ones. If you changed it, your guitar will sound much better, but still no Gibson. You can compare it with a good Epiphone Les Paul If you don't like to spend a lot of money for a guitar, you should buy this one or the J&D LCB. The LCB is like a Gibson Custom with 3 Humbuckers, but the J&D is only about 300/400 Euros. If you change the pickups and potmeters again, you will definitley have some attention on stage. I
    Hello my good sir. I apoligize it is indeed a Tune-O-Matic bridge. My apoligies. I don't know what's wrong with your Pickups and potmeters but with me they sound nice and endure very well.
    Kada2110
    I think this guitar would be even better with a pickup change.. Like EMG-HZ or DiMarzio...
    zosofan
    I'm wondering how the "solid Alder body" affects the tone compared to the solid mahogany that most other companies use?
    memnok
    Ok let see, im in sweden and i bought the JD-LC1, so far is a nice good looking guitar and i appreciate the comments cus they give me some calm on this purchase. so u mean that its not such a big different between this and an epiphone LP? about some of the fretz, i ve gotta go back to the store to check them out. if ur gonna buy this one check the fretz but check them out on any guitar. i appreciate the comments on the pickups i guess im gonna need new cuz i havent play on my stack yet. i have a mesaboogie and i really need this guitar to sound good. i have some gigs coming up and i really wanna give this beuty a chance. thank check us out www.myspace.com/nine8ty2
    pOlen
    whats the diference between the LC1 and LS1 isnt just the hardware color?
    saintpeter
    men i bought the custom version of that guitar, lc2 which is the same as the lc1 but with a vintage sunburst top. its worth paying even though mine has a bolt-on neck (and that freaked me out). it seems that the old models of jack and danny are getting all the necks bolted on and the new ones get the set neck. i dont mind, the guitar sounds way better than my old one, it was cheap and its better than many epiphones i already tried! you can find some loose pickups as well. ****in buy that guitar, it sounds good, like a damn les paul, its as cheap as water and does the job quite well
    saintpeter
    pOlen wrote: whats the diference between the LC1 and LS1 isnt just the hardware color?
    a friend of mine bought the ls1 guitar the same day i bought mine. so we've tried it first together. lc2 has a thicker neck and the knobs are more precise. besides that they're pretty similar. lc2 has a deeper sound, defenitively