JD-LC1 review by J&D

J&D: JD-LC1

Price paid: A$ 500

Purchased from: Music Den

as I have said before in other reviews, I play everything and everything which means I need something rather versatile. the pickups, as they are stock, are not the best in the world but are passable, but they do hold up well in a blues or jazz situation. I plan on making this my customizing guitar this year, and will be doing a few mods to it over the course of the year and making this my backup guitar, my main guitar for jazz/blues and my drop tuning guitar for metal.

I have been playing for 5 years, and this is the guitar I have had for the longest time, I plan on holding onto this one for a long time (as I inherited this one, which gives it sentimental value). if it where lost or stolen, I would break down and cry because this guitar means so much to me, the insurance would cover the cost of the guitar, and I would probably get the white one, or an Epiphone, but nothing could replace what this guitar means to me.

this guitar has been used Live 4 times by my count, funnily enough only once by me though. I usually bring it as my backup guitar, but my rhythm guitarist prefers it over his Stratocaster and uses it Live, which is ok, because I have never broken a string Live before. the one thing that does bother me though is the toggle Switch, which when in treble position sometimes slips back into middle position, but that only happens sometimes, and I use middle position more than treble anyways. the strap buttons are not that great, and don't hold my strap which prompted me to buy Dunlop straploks (the temporary ones, not the permanent install ones), unfortunately though, when my mum was playing it without straplocks, the strap came off and the guitar hit the edge of a table chipping off a portion of the paint on the side.

at the price I got it for, I wasn't to surprised it wasn't set up from the shop. I took it in to my favourite tech to have it done, he fixed it up the way I wanted it (except for string height as I do that myself). I've noticed over the course of me playing it a few flaws in the paint, there are two marks where no paint is taken out (looks like a dent) and there is one chip off of the front where a bolt from the pickguard wore out the paint. there are also 2 screwholes, but that is my doing as I removed the pickguard as an aesthetical choice.

This is a Gibson Les Paul Custom copy guitar. 22 jumbo frets, block inlays, creme binding, J&D tuners, Tune-O-Matic and stock pickups. I got this in a Standard sunburst finish although I am wishing I got it in the white and gold finish because it looks better. I am not sure of the wood the guitar is made from (possibly mahogany, but I am no wood expert), but I do know it is a rosewood fingerboard. personally I reckon it outplays some higher end epiphones, and some of my friends agree.

gtgamewizard
    SunnYParK wrote: hey, I live in the netherlands nd ordered a guitar via the site of musicstore koeln, but I ain't got any mesage from them yet.. How long did it take by you getting the guitar?
    hi m8,ik zal maar in het nederlands praten zekker, ik heb mijn eerste gitaar daar ook gekocht en bij mij heeft het 3 dagen geduurt voor ze aan mijn duur stond. grtz gtgamewizard