JD-LC3 review by J&D

J&D: JD-LC3

Purchased from: Used

It suits my music pretty well now when I have EMG's, I play metal. I am playing through a Kustom stack and don't use any effects. The guitar is very noisy with the stock pickups, it has a very bright sound to it but you can't get so much bass from the stockpickups. The guitars variety with the stockpickups is pretty all round. You can play metal (make sure to have a noisegate) or you can play blues/rock, that kind of stuff. I think this guitar is best for blues/rock with the stockpickups. But if you play metal and you change to EMG or Seymour Duncans this guitar is pretty great.

I play metal overall, it is a very good match becuse of the emgs that I changed to. I've been playing for almost 5 years and I have owned a lot of guitars; Ibanez RG, Ibanez VBT700, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson Explorer, ESP Alexi laiho 200, Jackson RR3, Jackson DK2M and much more. I will not say that this guitar was the best of them but it was the best for me, I wantted a guitar that sounded good and look good but didn't take a lot of space and les pauls are great for these things. If it were stolen I would buy a new les paul but I don't know I would buy this again becuse then I need to buy new pickups too, maybe I'd go for a ESP EC or something. I love the pickups but to help you a little I will say something a loved on it Who is from the original set up, I love the fast neck and it's looks, I hate that they didn't lay much time on the details on this guitar, it seems to be pretty lousy done. I compared it to a Jackson RR (cheaper one) becuse I don't have a lot of money becuse I test my luck on ebay and it didn't go pretty well so didn't have a lot of money, but this guitar is a good guitar, It's a good Gibson copy, I think it's better then the Epiphone copys actually so if you don't afford a real Gibson buy J&D's or a ESP if you play metal, or you can just change pickups as I did!

It will withstand Live playing, but if you play metal and doesnt't change the pickups it will get pretty noisy. The hardware seems to last, it seems pretty good actually. Better than the finish. The strap buttons are solid and big so you will not need strap locks. I can depend on this guitar, I just have this guitar and I would use it on a gig without a backup. You see this is not a bad guitar at all, the big "errors" on this guitar is the stockpickups and the finish, but that's not big problems. Just take it easy with the guitar and don't smash it in to things and change pickups and you will have yourself a great guitar!

I don't blame the factory for not setting it up good enough, I allways fix the action/set-up myself. The guitar had some flaws in the finish, but I didn't buy it from the store so it was pretty used but still in pretty good condition. But the finish doesn't seem to last very long if you smash it to a lot of things, seems to scratch off pretty easily, other than that the finish looks awesome!

Don't know which year it was made but it was made in China. It has 22 fret, the neck is very similar to the Gibson/Epiphone Les Paul necks. Mine is white with a Tune-O-Matic bridge. 4 controls. I switch the pickups to a EMG 81 in bridge position and a EMG HZ in neck position. J&Ds own tuners I think. Didn't get any accessories to the guitar except a gigbag.

GuitarPlayer716
    guitar351
    Amen
    toasty_alcohol
    lol i agree. Damn i hate those people. They do it because they think they're being "original".
    simple rocker
    GuitarPlayer716 wrote: Here's an idea: STOP BUYING F---ING IMMITATION GIBSONS! Seriously, what is with this new trend of everyone and their sister thinking they're cool for buying a POS guitar, putting new electronics in it and thinking it's the best guitar in the world? amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen plus they dont sound as good as the original
    mysistermeac
    haha ****in fun ppl in here! listen to your self got dammit! if someone want's to buy a "fake" gibson let them do it then. Everybody doesnt have the money for a gibson so why not let them buy a simular guitar and make the best of it? Replacing pickups etc. Feel sorry for you guys...
    mysistermeac
    JMcG92
    Maybe some of us aren't ready to buy a real Gibson yet. There's no denying that this is an inferior guitar but thats like comparing Squier against Fender. Everyone has to start somewhere. Would you give a total novice a brand new Gibson Les Paul? (By the way I'm not a novice, I've been playing for 2 1/2 years). I play a J&D LS5 which is just as good (if not better) than a high-end Epiphone Les Paul. Also consider the fact that some of us can't actually afford a real Gibson...
    tore.lyssand
    GuitarPlayer716 wrote: Here's an idea: STOP BUYING F---ING IMMITATION GIBSONS! Seriously, what is with this new trend of everyone and their sister thinking they're cool for buying a POS guitar, putting new electronics in it and thinking it's the best guitar in the world? Maybe some of us don't have enough money to purchase a original Gibson.. Plus, the price of a Gibson is most the legendary name. Epiphone and J&D for example, is almost the same guitar, only a few things changed. So, I rather buy a Epiphone, that costs 1/2 of the price of a Gibson.. Amen
    Viper_93
    I modded my epiphone les paul standard for very little cost.....best guitar i have played in a long while (and i have played some great guitars sofar). I agree that gibsons are better, but seriously guys, there is nothing wrong with modding good guitars..epiphone and j+d seem to make decent guitars.....like all other makers, they make terrible and they make great guitars
    gibby1509
    Wow. Some of you on here get a real bee in your bonnet. The way I see it is each guitar can be its own little master piece. Besides, I've played some high end guitars that have felt like a right bag of shit. If it feels good.....play it.
    killerbiker
    same old same old....GUITARSNOBS....GUITAR LOVYS....get a grip, get a life, its got nothing to do with money...some just like to build guitars for fun and see how good they can make it...I know I do...and I have a Gibson....and let me tell you ...shock horror ...it aint the best guitar in the world...just like a Harley aint the best motorcycle ever built....same shit,,headstock badge does not equal ability ...sound...or status ....
    Ginger-les-tom
    First comment! yeah ! hmmm i dunno about J&D guitars, they never feel like a full guitar should to be, they look alright but to be honest, its just on the price margin where you're spending a lot of money, so wont buy another guitar for a while, however is the bottom end of that category, and it would've been better to buy a better guitar and have it last longer before you realise its not very good. but each to his own and that.