JD-LC3 Review

manufacturer: J&D date: 04/14/2008 category: Electric Guitars
J&D: JD-LC3
It has 22 fret, the neck is very similar to the Gibson/Epiphone Les Paul necks.
 6.9
 7.4
 6.3
 2,481
review (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
JD-LC3 Reviewed by: mysistermeac, on april 14, 2008

Purchased from: Used

Features: Don't know which year it was made but it was made in China. It has 22 fret, the neck is very similar to the Gibson/Epiphone Les Paul necks. Mine is white with a Tune-O-Matic bridge. 4 controls. I switch the pickups to a EMG 81 in bridge position and a EMG HZ in neck position. J&Ds own tuners I think. Didn't get any accessories to the guitar except a gigbag. // 9

Sound: It suits my music pretty well now when I have EMG's, I play metal. I am playing through a Kustom stack and don't use any effects. The guitar is very noisy with the stock pickups, it has a very bright sound to it but you can't get so much bass from the stockpickups. The guitars variety with the stockpickups is pretty all round. You can play metal (make sure to have a noisegate) or you can play blues/rock, that kind of stuff. I think this guitar is best for blues/rock with the stockpickups. But if you play metal and you change to EMG or Seymour Duncans this guitar is pretty great. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't blame the factory for not setting it up good enough, I allways fix the action/set-up myself. The guitar had some flaws in the finish, but I didn't buy it from the store so it was pretty used but still in pretty good condition. But the finish doesn't seem to last very long if you smash it to a lot of things, seems to scratch off pretty easily, other than that the finish looks awesome! // 7

Reliability & Durability: It will withstand Live playing, but if you play metal and doesnt't change the pickups it will get pretty noisy. The hardware seems to last, it seems pretty good actually. Better than the finish. The strap buttons are solid and big so you will not need strap locks. I can depend on this guitar, I just have this guitar and I would use it on a gig without a backup. You see this is not a bad guitar at all, the big "errors" on this guitar is the stockpickups and the finish, but that's not big problems. Just take it easy with the guitar and don't smash it in to things and change pickups and you will have yourself a great guitar! // 8

Overall Impression: I play metal overall, it is a very good match becuse of the emgs that I changed to. I've been playing for almost 5 years and I have owned a lot of guitars; Ibanez RG, Ibanez VBT700, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson Explorer, ESP Alexi laiho 200, Jackson RR3, Jackson DK2M and much more. I will not say that this guitar was the best of them but it was the best for me, I wantted a guitar that sounded good and look good but didn't take a lot of space and les pauls are great for these things. If it were stolen I would buy a new les paul but I don't know I would buy this again becuse then I need to buy new pickups too, maybe I'd go for a ESP EC or something. I love the pickups but to help you a little I will say something a loved on it Who is from the original set up, I love the fast neck and it's looks, I hate that they didn't lay much time on the details on this guitar, it seems to be pretty lousy done. I compared it to a Jackson RR (cheaper one) becuse I don't have a lot of money becuse I test my luck on ebay and it didn't go pretty well so didn't have a lot of money, but this guitar is a good guitar, It's a good Gibson copy, I think it's better then the Epiphone copys actually so if you don't afford a real Gibson buy J&D's or a ESP if you play metal, or you can just change pickups as I did! // 6

Comments