Fusion 6 String 26.9" review by Jericho Guitars

Jericho Guitars: Fusion 6 String 26.9

Purchased from: www.jerichoguitars.com

Built in Korea, finished and assembled in the USA in 2016 using "ping pong" manufacturing. Features 24 frets with a 26.9" scale length. My particular guitar has a laminated Spalted Maple top with a mahogany body, mahogany neck and ebony fretboard. It has a Transparent Royal Blue paint scheme and natural binding with a satin finish. With the name Fusion it is obvious it combines the features and design of two distinct classic guitars with a tele shape and Les Paul controls. Locking Grover Tuners, Hipshot Bridge, Seymour Duncan JB and '59 with a 3-way switch and 2 volume/2 tone knobs with splitting capabilities on each tone knob.

It suits many musical styles. Me personally, I am a metal player. So, with the need to down tune the scale length really helps out in this situation. I can get away with using fairly light gauge strings in an extremely low tuning that would rather call for extremely beefy strings on a standard scale length guitar. I currently use it with Positive Grids Bias FX software for recording and it works wonderfully, blends with all type of amps and effects. Has a very rich sound and on some occasions can be too much depending on how you set your amp. Too much is never a bad thing, you just dial it back. If needed I can mess around with blues licks, metal riffs and even jazzy chords.

It came perfectly set up and intonated. And, also arrived in tune, thanks to the locking grover tuners. Action was low enough without being so low it arrived with fret buzz. The top seems to be perfectly book matched as well. It also plays smoothly, The 17" fret radius feels perfect in my hands as well as the neck profile, it feels as if it starts at a nice round shape at the nut and flattens out near the neck joint making it easier to grab the higher frets. Of course the cut away at the horn helps to.

There is nothing about this guitar that seems like it will wear out in the future. My only concern would be electronics because honestly, with age, even the toughest joints can wear out. But I'm certain it will take a LONG time. The strap buttons seem to be seated very well and have a broad head to keep your strap intact. I would take this to any gig knowing it would be clear and precise in any tuning I put it in. The hardware is also top notch, coming from companies such a s Grover, Hipshot, Seymour Duncan and a Tusq nut!

I have been playing guitar for 11-12 years and absolutely love this one. It beats out my LES PAUL for playability and features. Being a metal player most of the time it works perfectly for what I need while knowing I can use it for anything else I desire as well. If it were stolen or lost I would buy it again because I haven never had a guitar like it. I love almost everything about this guitar. The only thing I can really pick on is the natural binding on the body could have been done a little better, but you cant notice unless you really stare at it.

Also if you want, take a listen to it!

YouTube preview picture