Fusion 6 String 26.9" Review

manufacturer: Jericho Guitars date: 08/11/2015 category: Electric Guitars
Jericho Guitars: Fusion 6 String 26.9
This piece of equipment is very versatile, it is very reactive to amps, pedals, and playing dynamics. The name is a perfect fit, it really is a fusion of many different styles.
 9.3
 8.5
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
Fusion 6 String 26.9" Reviewed by: mastag215, on august 11, 2015

Purchased from: jerichoguitars.com

Features: I have among the first ones made. It is a 2014 make, made in Texas. It's a baritone guitar, a 26.9" scale, 22 fret. It's a set neck, 3 piece mahogany with a rosewood board. It's a flamed maple top with a breathtaking finish on a Tele style dual humbucker build. They now come equipped with hipshot bridges which stay in tune awesomely. Grover tuners make tuning very crisp, with no binding or any trouble. Passive electronics are a Seymour Duncan pair. SH-5 Custom in the bridge, and a '59 Reissue in the neck. Each pickup has its own tone and volume hat style knob, both pickups coil split with the volume knob. Three way pickup selector. // 10

Sound: I play a range of things from rock, blues to deathcore and this guitar fits any mix you can throw at it. My AC30 makes any clean tone soar from your hands. I use the neck setting, and tweak the tones from a warm harmonic rich creamy clean to a bright chiming shimmering orchestra with both pickups selected. Through my 6505+, you'd think I put down a Les Paul and picked up some EMG loaded thing with upside down crosses. The bridge puts out some serious hate, but doesn't get mushy with plenty of gain. Toss in a comp and a noise gate and you can burn down sovereign nation/states with ease. When you pull the bridge into single coil, it gives you a fat angry Strat tone that sears with sustain, and responds well to sweeps and legatos. Pinch harmonics are effortless, and ring for days, thanks to the mahogany body and a hipshot fixed bridge. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Dave from Jericho put an awesome personal touch on ordering one of their masterpieces. I believe I received an email about every week to let me know how it was coming along. They will tune it to your preference, and perform a final fret dress and setup before it goes in the mail. It came in the mail almost perfectly tuned. You could have handed it to me on stage out of the box and I would blown doors off. It is truly a piece of artwork. I scoured every inch looking for a single clear coat scratch (never trust the mail, right?) but it is a polished gem. I would be inclined to believe that they wouldn't let the slightest imperfection leave their shop. // 10

Reliability & Durability: As far as reliability and durability, I play the hell out of it, but I don't beat my guitars up. I'd trust it through anything, but I just treat my gear better than that. I would definitely gig without a backup. I've never had the slightest hiccup out of this axe. Strap buttons are very solid, I use a self locking strap, and it's never gone anywhere on me. Their attention to detail is so good, I doubt a single item on this guitar will fail unless it's user damaged. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said, this piece of equipment is very versatile, it is very reactive to amps, pedals, and playing dynamics. The name is a perfect fit, it really is a fusion of many different styles. I've been playing for 11 years, and this guitar by far outshines anything I've touched. I currently have an LTD Stephen Carpenter 7 string, and a Schecter Omen 6. My previous guitars have been an Epiphone Prophecy EX, a PRS Tremonti, an Epiphone Tony Iommi signature, a Schecter C-1 Blackjack, Ibanez RG, a B.C. Rich Platinum Pro Beast, and an Agile Septor 625. Not a single one of these can stand up to the Jericho. The build quality and tone are unbelievable. The playability is buttery smooth, and it is an absolute beauty hanging in my home. // 10

Comments