God review by Jim Harley

Jim Harley: God

Price paid: £ 79.99

Purchased from: Street dealer

I'm using this through a 15 watt Kustom amp, and I can safely say that I wouldn't trade it for the world. My friend offered me a Les Paul and a Vintage Marshall Amp for the Jim Harley and Kustom combo, but I couldn't part with it. It's too intense. I play mainly rock, but it doesn't matter because the Jim Harley can play anything, flawlessly, from satanic black metal to Indian tribal music.

As I said I mostly play rock, but the Jim Harley lets off raw, untamed power, so it can tackle every genre. I've been playing for 8 years now and I've played Les Pauls, SG's, Fender's etc. but none of them compare to this powerhorse. If Chuck Norris were an instrument, he'd be a Jim Harley. I even heard Slash wanted to use this guitar for the "November Rain" solo, but the producers flat out refused because it would be too emotional for non Jim Harley users so he had to settle for a second rate Les Paul. Pah! If it were lost or stolen, I'd hunt down the thief, valiantly take the Jim Harley back, plug it into the mighty Kustom amp, and rock his world.

The Jim Harley, aside from being the best guitar ever made, is also extremely durable. I'm willing to bet I could beat the hell out of people who didn't have a Jim Harley, with my Jim Harley, then go on to play. It wouldn't even go out of tune! I would definitely gig this without a backup, because the Jim Harley (being the fierce competitor that it is) wouldn't dare be outshone by another guitar.

This guitar could've came out of the factory not set up at all, but it wouldn't matter because the Jim Harley's don't let minimal things like a bad setup get in it's way. If you stand in the way of the Jim Harley it'll melt your face off. I feel powerful when I play.

First of all, this is a budget guitar in name only, this thing totally shreds! Infact, I'm willing to bet if Ibanez dropped Steve Vai and Joe Satriani from their signature line tomorrow they'd sign up to be the new face of Jim Harley! It's in the shape of a strat, but I know that a Fender Strat has nothing on this beauty of a guitar.

MaggaraMarine
    WTH is this shit?? I mean c'mon you have been playing for eight years?? No way. There's no such a model as "God" (I Googled, only one page found about this model and it was this page) and you pay 80 pounds and don't want to trade it to "Les Paul and Vintage Marshall"? Why wouldn't you buy another one after trading? I mean this review must be lying.
    RetroGunslinger
    andy.robinson.5
    I think this review was written by someone who works for the retailers of Jim Harley Guitars- it seems to be just another cheapy budget guitar
    MaggaraMarine
    RetroGunslinger wrote: Im guessing this is another review parodying those beginners who think their 50 Stagg is amazing because it makes a loud noise
    So did I when I posted my comment but I wasn't sure.
    speed098
    I own this guitar and I along with my son are beginners this is a budget guitar designed to get you going and only reason I bought it was because a friend was selling and the two guitars we already have are Floyd Rose so for me a pain to retune/restring so got this as a stop gap while shop or friend sorted out the others a Charvette (top of model range) which I would rate as a good upgrade to the Jim Harley, the other guitar (mine) is a Maverick Chaos 1 again a great upgrade from the charvette and much closer comparrison to an Ibanez ( I prefer the Maverick but that is my opinion) I try and play wide range of music from Fleetwood Mac through to Heavy metal. You really can hear the diff between all 3 guitars so the JH is a BUDGET get you started guitar and nothing wrong with that but an Ibanez or Maverick it def is not. It is not even able to compete with the Charvette other than on ease of restringing. Amps used Line 6 spider3 (sons) Peavey Nanovalve and Roland Micro cube (Mine).
    plinjo
    i have one jim harley strat.its almost 18 ears old.it was my first el. guitar and it was crap but i liked it.never played a gig with it but.i have painted the neck in black changed frets.pickguard.i dont know.everything.still stands on the wall at my parents house with 15 other similar craps that i collected