JS-800 Del Mar Standard review by Johnson

Johnson: JS-800 Del Mar Standard

Purchased from: QuitarBiz (ebay store)

This guitar sounds amazing fo rthe price that I paid. I was kind of worried because of the low cost that it would sound bad, but I plugged it in and I was amazed. I play all types of music, from System of A Down to CCR, and this guitar is very versatile. It has a nice bright sound to it. The only downside is that it doesn't have a humbucker, but that is minor, and can easily be put in.

I love this guitar, and if it were stolen, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I have nothing bad to say about this guitar at all. My friend plays a Yamaha Pacifica, and loves my guitar more than his... and he paid over $200 more! If you are looking for a good guitar at a low price, or are just beginning to play, Buy This Guitar!

This is a very durable guitar, and although you should never play a gig without a backup, I would have no problem depending on just this guitar for a show. The finish seems to be nice and think, and should hold up nicely. The hardware is solid, and will last a very long time.

The factory set up of this guitar was subpar, but you should always setup your new guitar, so it wasn't too bad. I had to raise the strings a fair bit, but even after that, the action was amazing! There is a little bit of a buzz on the low E when on the first 4 frets, but it's nothing too bad. The guitar was flawless... amazing considering the price I paid.

I purchased the 2003 model, which is made in China. Some of the features on the guitar are; Solid Alder Body One Piece Maple Neck Rosewood Neck Stripe Diecast Machine Heads Rosewood Fretboard 3 Single Coil Pickups 2 Tone and 1 Volume Control 5 Position Pickup Selector Fulcrum Bridge My guitar has a beautiful transparent green finish that is flawless. It is a Strat copy with a string through body system. The neck is a standard 22 fret neck. With this guitar, I recieved a strap, cable and 2 allan keys for making any adjustments.