JS-800 Del Mar Standard review by Johnson

Johnson: JS-800 Del Mar Standard

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Like I said, the pickups arent that great, but as far as beginning guitars go for this price, what could you expect? When I used this, I used just the guitar with the amp, and it was (as far as I can remember) an okay sound, but had a "buzzing" tone to it. As mentioned earlier, can be fixed with new pickups.

I play every kind of rock, and this guitar (for the money/value ratio) accomplishes the job very well. I gotta tip my hats off to the guys at "Johnson" studios for making a pretty well designed guitar for such a low price. I really like the average-ness of the guitar, because really, I would expect a guitar like this to be really crappy. One thing I dont like, though, is that the pickups are pretty much poo poo. (sorry bout that). If someone had stolen this guitar when it was my one and only, I would have tracked them down and beaten them with a stick. Now, I'd prolly just get a real Fender.

I've had this guitar for about 2 and a half years, have lent it out plenty of times and done many-a performances in front of relatives so as far as I know, it would be a pretty good guitar to go on-stage with as long as you dont play too hard and arent that great anyway. Also mentioned before, never had any problems with the strap buttons.

Everything as far as I noticed (however, I was a beginner) was setup well. The pickups were average, bridge was average, and there were no really big flaws in the finish or faulty hardware. A big plus I gotta give this guitar, however, is that the input-jack never faultied once. Great for the money.

This guitar, as far as Fender knock-offs go, is actually not that bad. I got the black and white classic version. The pickups arent too great, but any musician who cares enough about that would either not have gotten this guitar or would Switch them out. The tuning pegs and knobs are average, and I've never had any with the strap buttons. Pretty much all average, except for the strap, tremalo, (which would make the strings come out of wack easily, but whats new) and the amp. Get a new strap and better amp soon after buying the guitar.