JS-800 Del Mar Standard review by Johnson

Johnson: JS-800 Del Mar Standard

Purchased from: Ebay

I play a wide range of music, rock, punk mainly. I'm just using the Johnson amp that came with the guitar. The sound is not bad. It can get noisy skreechy when in light distortion, and some buzzing when using just one of the pickups.

I play mostly rock on this guitar and nothing too heavy. For the price, this is an awesome guitar. I was a little worried when I bought it, bit its not bad. I compared it to my brothers Ibanez, and I like the way my guitar sounds compared to his. It's more crisp. If somebody stole this guitar and I didnt have the cash to buy a Fender. I would definatly go out and buy another.

It seems solid enough. I'm not worried about it breaking. The hardware is okay. The strap buttons seem solid also. No problems. I would use it for small audiences nothing too big. The finish on the neck started to wear a bit but the finish on the body will last a while I have used it alot and there are just some tiny scratches.

As I said before, I had to tighten all the screws and nuts. Everything else seems about right. The finish looks great. No flaws at all. The pickup selector can be a bit nosy at times. I might have gotten used to it already. For the price it's a great guitar.

I got the 2004 model (made in China). Looks just like a Strat. Solid alder body, maple neck. The 2004 model comes with EMG pickups. Not too great but not bad at all for a novice guitarist. The non-locking tuners are average. The amp is garbage and so is the strap. I had to tighten all the screws and nuts when it first arrived but it seems quite solid now. Not a bad guitar for a novice, maybe even intermediate.