JS-800 Del Mar Standard review by Johnson

Johnson: JS-800 Del Mar Standard

Purchased from: Fretboard Korner

I play a lot of blues punk and metal and this guitar is great for both. I am using a Spirit amp (made from Gibson, it's okay) and it's good for now. I am getting a better amp Marshall 30 w for practice. The sound is just simply great for a price alone ($129.99). The guitar is great for osund it just depends what kind of amp you use (Marshall recommended). Like I said before it has a 5way selector and 3 EMG knobs one volume and two tone. This guitar can make a variety of music styles.

Overall this is a great guitar for novice, to intermediate, you could get it for advance players if you just wanna use it for practice. I play a lot of metal punk and blues and it works out fine for me. I checked reviews before getting this guitar and I thought it would be good for me for a while until I wait till get a good good guitar. I wouldn't worry too much about this guitar if it is lost or stolen because the warranty covers it (I asked before buying) there's just so much to love about it for the price. There's nothing more T asked when I got this and it's just a fun guitar the fretboard is nice to jam on. Now this guitar is in my hand ready to be played so I'll talk to you all later!

This guitar could withstand Live playing just make sure you have a back up with you. The hardware would last you a while so you wouldn't have to worry about that (along with free warranty, lifetime) I would use it in a small gig nothing too too big. this is just a good guitar for fun I wouldn't take it to be a serious playing (great for practice).

Tha guitar set up at the factory was great. no marks no nothing it comes with a plastic coding that you will need to take off which is a pain! the pickups are fine you don't really need to change them. The bridge is set up nice which allows you to palm mute perfectly. This came with no flaws and is finished very nice. Mine came with a silver color and it is very nice.

This guitar is great for what the price range goes around. For 175 dollars it comes with a Johnson 800 Del Mar Standard guitar with a gig bag, Johnson amp, Ernie Ball strap, and a cord. It has 22 Frets and a Maple neck. This guitar was made I China (unsure what year style). It looks just like a Strat with 3 Johnson EMG Knobs one for Volume and two for Tone. It's got 5 way selector to help you decide how you want your guitar so sound. This guitar works perfect for clean as it does for distortion. A great guitar for novice and also good for intermediate players. It's great if you get it with a free lifetime warranty (which I did when my whammy bar got stuck in the slot)

Karrde
    BUY THIS AND NOT A SQUIRE THEY BLOW SQUIRES AWAY EASY they have a much better neck and frets, trem is about average and the pickups are fine
    Avenged.InFlame
    i wish i would have never gotten rid of mine it was my first guitar and i didnt know what i had lol
    Deth is iminent
    given to me as a gift necks way to thick in my opinion and all kinds of shit broke like when i went to raise the action for a couple songs the little allen head thins stripped and broke. so did the cheap plastic thing at the top of the neck that holds the strings in place, i replaced it with a piece of wood i put grooves in it
    alx1226
    Yeah, I have one. (I just started) then I bought a GSA60 with an amp for $100 and haven't played it since.
    Telecaster7
    Deth is iminent wrote: ...so did the cheap plastic thing at the top of the neck that holds the strings in place, i replaced it with a piece of wood i put grooves in it
    you mean the nut? i love mine, i modded the hell out of it, but it sounds real nice
    rok_beast_09_03
    I have a Jphnson. I got it as a gift so I don't really know what kind it is, but its a good sounding guitar, great beginner guitar
    thelancemanl
    this guitar goes out of tune way too easily and the whammy bar is difficult to deal with