JS-800 Del Mar Standard review by Johnson

Johnson: JS-800 Del Mar Standard

Price paid: A$ 600

Purchased from: Music workshop

This guitar is one of the ultimately versatile guitars because it suits my alternative/metal style but then I've heard people play some sweet blues tunes on it you just need to know how to change settings properly. A ROSS RG-10 amp with it and at times a phaser pedal and it cooperates perfectly with the amp and pedal. It can be noisy and have nice heavy full tone but then go up to a light bright tone as I said very versatile in tone. This guitar is very good at making harmonics loud and noticeable also bends, hammer ons, pull offs, slides and all that kind of stuff go nicely with it.

Overall I love this guitar and wish I personally owned seeing this for my friend but still if I had one I would seriously consider replacing if it was damaged or stolen it because it is that good. I love it because it is so versatile and has a humongous sound for such an innocent plain looking guitar. Nothing I really hate about it it's just that good maybe a whammy bar would be nice. I would compare it to my Samick but it is still better I reckon I really wish it had come with a whammy bar that would be awesome oh and a kill Switch but it isn't meant to have on obviously.

This one of the most reliable durable simple guitars I have come across and can out play my Samick Stratocaster and is more reliable but that might be because the Johnson is newer but it fells like it will last for years and years. This guitar is a good guitar and withstands live playing but I always have back up because you never know. The hardware is very durable and the strap buttons seem and feel secure to me, the finish is good and should last for years it doesn't wear of that easily even though it gets played a lot.

This guitar was setup up very well and I personally congratulate Johnson on making one of the best Stratocaster style guitars made. The pick ups are brilliant and are secure and are setup properly and carefully the wiring is also very good and no major faults have occurred. Properly book matched top the neck is nice and stable and in good alignment this guitar looks exactly like it does in the photos. I haven't managed to find anything that really catched my eye no need to restring this guitar so far which is always handy, it never cuts out in the middle of playing make it a nice hard wearing guitar and very reliable.

This brilliant guitar has 22 frets but only 21 playable frets, medium sized frets, a black solid top with a white pick guard, maple wood on the neck and body with center neck binding. It has nice clean black finish and a nice headstock shape, It has a Stratocaster body shape and closely replicated. Three active single coil Johnson EMG pick ups perfectly in position. Three tune controls on the guitar one treble control, one bass control, one volume control and a five-way pick up selector which is nice and quite when moving it. It came with a soft case carrier bag.

guitar-girl21
    I have the Telecaster version, and I absolutely love it. I've dropped mine idk how many times and it hasn't let me down yet. If you're want a cheap guitar that isn't total crap, buy a Johnson.