Les Paul Copy review by Karina

Price paid: A$ 260

Purchased from: Private sale NZ

While I am a Squier and Strat copy guitar user most of my adult life, the sound on this Karina Les Paul Copy blew me away..I am now a convert and while strats and Strat copies will always be near and dear to me, this style and sound of guitar is my choice for the near forseeable future. Running through a Vox VT new series effects amp this guitar sounds incredible even compared to my Standard series strat. The Squier strats are now sold and this will be the weapon of choice for me! (for now at least). When it comes to sound I'm very picky and I need the right tone or frustration sets in, this appeases my appetite just right.

I have given across the board 9 ratings for this guitar. It just for the money feels and does what it should with out fuss. Its a great look for a copy and plays just fine for my style which is bit of everything, (hendrix, blues, rock, hard metal) yes I can even pull off some Hendrix with the Rhythm select no problems. With the VT Vox amp just about any sound is possible with this marriage. I would consider getting another if this went missing definatly yes. I just love the action and the overall sound on this guitar I don't think I have ever felt this way about any other guitar I have owned before. Summed up! Just awesome.

I haven't had it long enough to really comment on the reliability yet but if the solid look and feel, so long as I treat it with the attention it deserves, I feel confident it will stand the test of time. The pick ups are clear enough for me while the total purist might wish to upgrade at some point, I don't feel the need as yet. So far after my initial setup and tweaks it looks and feels like a reliable and durable extention of my mind and fingers.

The action and feel of this instrument took me about an hour to become accustomed too. The neck and fret board feel are just so tight and the closest setup for top end work I ever used to date. Finger work is made easy with the beautiful setup this fixed neck setup brings. The Pick guard and dial area suit me just right, while the body finish and look and feel are just delighful, both to play and behold.

I believe this made was around 04, made in China.This Les Paul Karina copy is the Black satin finish model with off white trim and gold fixtures. Single cut shape 2 Volume controls 2 tone controls 3 way toggle switch Humbucker pickups 22 frets Set neck Tune-o-matic bridge While I payed $260NZ dollars for it second hand (as new condition) they still retail for $599 new in New Zealand.

Necrolysis