KE330T review by Kay

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Kay: KE330T

Purchased from: Local Store

I play anything and everything, classic rock, pop, alternative, hardcore. And while it doesn't have the best sound for the most part it suits me, just do a little tinkering with the tone, switch, and amp effects. I use a Rocktron Rampage 10w practice amp. There is a little bit of buzz if you have the Switch set to the bottom.

As I said earlier I've been playing for 4 weeks and this was a good beginning guitar. I didn't want to spend over $250 but I really shoulda shopped around more. I went to Guitar Center not long ago and fell in love with a Epiphone Standard and regret buying mine, but hey, it works so I can't complain. If it were lost or stolen I deff would no get a new one, my eyes are set on that Epiphone. I would recomend to a beginner on a budget, but that's it.

If you threw some new strings on it and ran it through a good amp you could gig with it. So far nothing has crapped out on me (knock on wood) however, I would deffinately take a backup. The finish seems like it will last a long time, I wax mine pretty regularly and it looks real good.

From the factory it was set up pretty good. Everything was intact and the only flaw was a nick in the finish on the bottom of it. Also the plastic was very hard to get off around the knobs, I still have some stuck under there. Mine is cream colored and it shows blemishes pretty easy. But I haven't nicked it any so that is good.

Before I begin let me tell you that this is my first guitar and I've been playing it for about 4 weeks now. I'm not exactly sure when it was made but I'm gonna guess sometime late 2006. It has 21 frets and a rosewood fretboard. It's a laminated top. It has a near perfect resemblence to a Strat except for the headstock, it has the basic 5 postition switch, 1 volume and 2 tone knobs, and a tremolo bar. The bridge, pickups, and tuners are your typical Strat style. I didn't get any accesories. It didn't even come with the whammy bar on it, but I bought one annd put it on myself.

Rock God #1
    Hang on....you've been playing guitar for four weeks when this review was written? Maybe you should have given it more time. After all, no-one's all that good after four weeks of practice.
    xboofoox
    this was my first guitar purchased from pawn shop and i liked it until i threw some ernie ball not even slinkys on it and broke the ****ing thing
    frunk
    I been playing for some years now with the same guitar. It's really low quality. It easily gets out of tune and some screws needs to get fitted every now and then to avoid the guitar to fall in parts. Saving up for a nicer guitar and will give this to my kids to trash.