KE330T Review

2.1
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
KE330T Reviewed by: alec1027, on june 22, 2007

Purchased from: Local Store

Features: Before I begin let me tell you that this is my first guitar and I've been playing it for about 4 weeks now. I'm not exactly sure when it was made but I'm gonna guess sometime late 2006. It has 21 frets and a rosewood fretboard. It's a laminated top. It has a near perfect resemblence to a Strat except for the headstock, it has the basic 5 postition switch, 1 volume and 2 tone knobs, and a tremolo bar. The bridge, pickups, and tuners are your typical Strat style. I didn't get any accesories. It didn't even come with the whammy bar on it, but I bought one annd put it on myself. // 6

Sound: I play anything and everything, classic rock, pop, alternative, hardcore. And while it doesn't have the best sound for the most part it suits me, just do a little tinkering with the tone, switch, and amp effects. I use a Rocktron Rampage 10w practice amp. There is a little bit of buzz if you have the Switch set to the bottom. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: From the factory it was set up pretty good. Everything was intact and the only flaw was a nick in the finish on the bottom of it. Also the plastic was very hard to get off around the knobs, I still have some stuck under there. Mine is cream colored and it shows blemishes pretty easy. But I haven't nicked it any so that is good. // 7

Reliability & Durability: If you threw some new strings on it and ran it through a good amp you could gig with it. So far nothing has crapped out on me (knock on wood) however, I would deffinately take a backup. The finish seems like it will last a long time, I wax mine pretty regularly and it looks real good. // 5

Overall Impression: As I said earlier I've been playing for 4 weeks and this was a good beginning guitar. I didn't want to spend over $250 but I really shoulda shopped around more. I went to Guitar Center not long ago and fell in love with a Epiphone Standard and regret buying mine, but hey, it works so I can't complain. If it were lost or stolen I deff would no get a new one, my eyes are set on that Epiphone. I would recomend to a beginner on a budget, but that's it. // 5

Comments