Powerstrat 100BK review by Keiper

Keiper: Powerstrat 100BK

Purchased from: eBay

This guitar suits my style of music perfectly. I am into a wide range of music from a wide range of decades, but I mainly play music by '80s rock bands like Queen and Bon Jovi. However, I do like to play some music from more modern bands like Nickelback and Velvet Revolver. This guitar is very versatile, and can handle many different varieties of music. Currently, I am using the amp that came with my first guitar (a 1OW Kustom KGA10FX). This amp has nearly had it so I have only really used the guitar to its full on my friends 30W Marshall amp. The guitar can achieve many different types of sound. In the sub-positions the humbuckers are in splitted mode so even Vintage sounds are possible.

As I mentioned in the "sound" section I like '80s rock bands and modern rock. This guitar can cover these genres, and many more! This guitar also kicks my old guitar's ass (my old guitar being an Encore Strat)! I was lucky to find this guitar, as it was in the "other guitars" section of eBay. If I was to lose this guitar or it was stolen, I would definetly buy the same guitar again, or perhaps another guitar by Keiper. When I first got this guitar, I loved the fact that it had the floyd rose vibrato and tremelo arm. I spent ages playing around with it and I love it! In conclusion, I dont think I'm gonna have to buy another guitar for a long time!

I think that if I was gigging with this guitar, it would be perfect. It's not too heavy so you could move around with it with ease. The guitar itself looks very rustic and I think it's going to last me a very long time. If I was gigging, I would have a back-up anyway (just in case), but I think that I would very rarely ever need to use a back-up as this guitar is very dependable.

When I received the guitar, all was good. The guitar seemed to be perfectly fine, and it was. The only problem I've had with this guitar is when the part on the guitar where the tremelo arm screws on came off. Fortunatley it just needed tightening up and it hasn't gone wrong since.

The make (Keiper) is an eBay company and sells it's guitars only on eBay. This black, German guitar was made in 2006. It has 22 frets and a maple, bolt-on neck. The Powerstrat body is alder and has a transparent finish. The guitar has a floyd rose licence vibrato with top-lock nut and six encapsulated Grover-type tuners. The electric unit of the guitar contains 2 super distortion humbuckers (one at Neck position and one at bridge position) plus one single-coil in middle position. The pickups are controlled by 1 master-volume and 1 master-tone controller. The pickup selector is a 5-way switch. When bought, the guitar came with the necessary alan keys, an screw-on tremelo arm and a lead.

garageblog
    Hello , Keiper Guitars was'nt made in Germany. Its a mass product of China. This ProLow Tremolo is garbage. The rest of the Guitar is OK... I have the same...