Assault 220 review by Kramer

Kramer: Assault 220

Price paid: € 275

Purchased from: Control Sound

Its good for all music styles, although its made for rock and metal. It have higher output pickups so crunchy and high gain distortions sound very good, as well as cleans. Stock pickups are pretty good, and as I said they can be tapped with tone push-pull pot. I use it on 40 watt transistor amp with Boss OD-1, Daphon Heavy Metal Dist, Coron Wah and Zoom G1XN processor, and it sounds awesome! I have also tried it with guitar software (Guitar Rig 5 Pro and AmpliTube 3) and its amazing what this baby can do! It's very versatile!

It suits great for my music style (classic rock, all metal genres, even blues and funk). I play guitar for almost 13 years, and I had several guitars before this one, and played many many others in price range from 50 euros to 1000 euros, and my opinion is that price/quality ratio for this guitar is at the highest level! My favourite feature on it is coil tap, 'cause its much more versatile with it than the guitar with 2 hums and no coil tap.

Strap buttons are ok, and guitar is wery well built so I would use it on stage with no backup.

Factory setup was exellent! It came with 10-56 string on it, and I have changed it with 9-56 Ernie Ball Hybrids, so I had to do setup again, and it was piece of cake. Pickup height was right, and there were no production flaws, except one. Bridge pickup was not tapped (nothing that Soldier iron can't fix) Guitar is very lightweight, so I think they used lightweight mahogany to make it.

Its made in Indonesia in 2011. It have 25.5" scale, 24 medium jumbo frets, slim and wide neck profile (Ibanez like profile, only much better), rosewood fingerboard, mahogany body (LP style) and neck (which is set neck), and mine is with NO floyd rose (string thru and TOM bridge) in Copper metallic colour, with 2 humbucker passive pickups, one volume pot, one tone put (with push-pull for coil tap) and 3-way toggle switch. It came with cable.

?Loki?
    To all the people asking who would put a Floyd rose on as les Paul that guitarist from rush did, right?
    alucard_t2
    Quick thoughts anyone? The 220 FR vs. the RG350MZ from Ibanez I want to get a new sweetheart and I'm torn between these two.
    Ablast
    Damn, this guitar looks great, but I have never seen a Les Paul with a Floyd Rose haha great review
    BeerMan5000
    ESP has the EC-401 and EC-1000, Les Paul style and both with floyd rose...i cant believe no one has ever seen those.