Baretta review by Kramer

Kramer: Baretta

Purchased from: Fiat Lux

It suits perfectly to my styles. I'm a heavy metal guitarrist and this guitar is for playong loud. I use a Zoom 3000 and the Metal effect that I always use plus the active electronics gives my amps and ears the coolest sound I ever heard. I use a Peavey KB-300 and a lanev hardocre HCM 120R. It has no noise, quiet the contrary. Full power! rich, bright and full sound. Perfect for any good guitarrist. I can use all the sounds I want. Many many variations. In one word: Perfection!

It fits all my music, I've been playing for 14 years I belive. I jave an Ibanez RG270 and a electroacustic Crafter blue-green talking about guitars. I wish it had a Floyd Rose tremolo. As I said before I had one with Floyd Rose but it was stolen! I purchased another one. Identical model, identical color but with no Floyd Rose, but, as I said before too, it acts and works as a Floyd Rose without problems. Maybe my friends from ultimate-guitar could help me knowing about this guitar becaus dealers, experts, friends, even the main people form Gibson-Kramer (Kramer has a database of all their guitars) and I sent photos, my serial number, etc and no answer. It's a very very odd guitar in all the ways and aspects. Please help me friends from ultimate-guitar. Or some user that knows about guitars.

This guitar has been with me all the time when I play live and in reharsals. The hardware seems it will resist an atomic bomb. Perfect. The buttons are all right and I can depend on it. All my guitars are good ones and I don't have bad guitars. Just quality. I don't think I'll need a backup guitar for gigs. The belt it has for carrying it's designed to last forever. And I've never had a problem except that for one mistake I dropped to the floor. It was an accident and part of the white color fell down:S Maybe I'll repair it because oh god how bad it hurted when that happened.

Well, from factory the pickup selector doesn't respond. I switch between the 3 positions and I belive there's a little short circuit. Until now. It has the same problem and I had to deal with it because I'm affraid to open it and fix it. I tried once but there are zillions of cables and circuits. I belive it's a very complete guitar judgeing it by all the cables and connectors. I only use the bridge pickup in this guitar so I don't have to fight her in switching it. Sometimes in works, sometimes not. It's a malfunction that soon I'll fix it with an electronic guy maybe. Everything was very well adjusted. Like it has to be. New! No rust, no punches, all in one piece. Those Kramer peolpe have great quality standards except for this tiny problem with the pickup selector. But, despite this problem, I love it.

This guitar was made, I belive, in 2000. There's not so much information in the web. When I purchased it I never focused on it. It's made in USA. It has 22 standard frets. I don't know much about this guitar. It's a very strange one. It's form is like those RG from Ibanez. I had an identical one with Floyd Rose, but this one now hasn't Floyd Rose, but acts as a Floyd Rose. This is one reason why this guitar is very odd. I've carried my guitar to dealers, specialists and no one could give me information about it. Another thing is that is just one piece. No arm separate. Arm and body are one piece. White by the way. It has passive and active electronics. Volume and tone, pick up selector in 3 way position, 2 EMG humpbucker pickups, goth tunners with skull form that looks so cool. One piece, skull tunners, EMG pickups, active electronics, 3 way pick up selector and a strange tremolo that it's not a Floyd Rose but it works as a Floyd Rose without locking tremolo and no locks in the arm and finally the tunners are upside down and so the arm. Like a left-handed guitar, but it's not left-handed. Strange!. It came with a solid hard case in a beautiful shape black color outside and inside, allen keys for octaving and a little towel with a label: Gibson. As far as I know, Kramer is made or was bought by Gibson. I'm in love with her too just like my RG270 Ibanez.

Bob_Sagget
    B/c the hair metal is culturally "out of style" you can get a fairly nice Kramer for a lot less money than you would expect to spend
    OtherGuy
    evan-simpson22
    canadianpenguin
    OtherGuy wrote: another all 10, unless this is the worlds greatest guitar i dont see how thats possible with all the other all 10s out there, im not saying bad review/guitar, im just saying less people should post all 10s unless it really is that good. Thankfully my guitar teacher has one so i know its awesome!
    It's just because it's the people who have one that are rating it (usually anyways). Chances are if you have a Kramer, it's not like having a Gibson or a Fender. You have it because you love the guitar, not because of the name on the headstock. Hence nobody ends up with a Kramer only to realize they don't like Kramers.
    Jay Awesome
    evan-simpson22 wrote: ive heard that apparently if you want a nice Kramer guitar your better off buying one from the 80s instead of a new one, is this true? cause ive been looking to buy one
    If you believe that they have slipped over the years with Gibson, then yes. In my opinion, I would say the 80's Kramers are indeed better. Also as far as I know, they don't make a Baretta right now, do they?
    Louthesnakeman
    Agreed, these reviews aren't helping anyone who is thinking of buying a guitar. Come on people, we all know it's not the best guitar in the world, be fr*ckin honest for crying out loud!