Baretta II Pro Review

manufacturer: Kramer date: 10/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Kramer: Baretta II Pro
The Kramer Baretta II Pro was manufactured in Japan but uses US pickups, and an Original Floyd Rose tremolo/bridge. I generally play rock, blues, pop-punk, hardcore, and metal. This guitar is perfect for any of those styles.
 7.2
 6.3
 1,352
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
Baretta II Pro Reviewed by: NoFxMIke, on october 09, 2012

Features: The Kramer Baretta II Pro was manufactured in Japan but uses US pickups, and an Original Floyd Rose tremolo/bridge. It is available in several colors (I own it in FF red). It features 24 thin frets on a rosewood neck and body. The finish is satin and glossy. The body style is a soloist Stratocaster configuration. Controls available include: volume (1-11... 10 just kidding), two-setting tone, and 5-way selector. The tuners are non-locking but the nut locks. The straps are locking and there are two allen wrenches included for adjusting the bridge and nut of the guitar. // 8

Sound: This guitar has enabled my musical style to progress in just about every direction. If I had to pick a style I would go with Rock. When I first purchased this guitar I owned a Peavey Classic 50 212 amp with an Ibanez Tube Screamer. Currently, I use this guitar with a Marshall MG-15CDR with digital delay, MXR Phase 90, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and a DigiTech RP200 effects pedal (not all at once, though). With both gain channels at 5 or higher this guitar and amp can create quite a chunky, brilliant distortion. The distortion is rich and djent (haha) when palm-muted. It's leads are bright. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: With at least 3 hours a day of use, this guitar's action requires adjustment on a bi-annual schedule. The pickups required little to no adjustment. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Overall, this guitar was well made and has lasted me 10 years! I highly recommend it! After about 5 years of use, the cable hookup came loose every few months. This caused an interruption in signal and excessive feedback. A re-soldering of the components was necessary to continue playing this guitar. At the guitar's initial state, I would not recommend a backup as this guitar lasted me a good five years before any significant maintenance. After 10 years of use, I would suggest a backup guitar for live gigs and locking strap buttons. Mine is covered in band stickers but the finish which is still visible is just like when I bought it ten years ago! // 8

Overall Impression: I generally play rock, blues, pop-punk, hardcore, and metal. This guitar is perfect for any of those styles. I own several other guitars including an acoustic/electric Fender dreadnought, an Ibanez (SG ripoff), and a Fender Stratocaster. I've been playing since I was 17 (14 years). It is important to understand the Floyd Rose can involve complicated adjustments but other than that this guitar was a great learning tool and I'd recommend it to any Kramer fan. I love the fact I can plug in this guitar, tune it, and it sounds like gold - even after 10 years. // 8

More Kramer reviews rating category latest review
+ Focus 6000 8 Electric Guitars 06/02/2015