Focus VT111S review by Kramer

Kramer: Focus VT111S

This guitar seems to suit most types of music, including blues, and Santana (which I love), but it all depends on what you run it thrrough. The pickups are "designed in the USA" singles, and have incredibly good output. There is a very distictive difference between the pickups, as far as tone and such, unlike squire strats, which sound the same no matter what pickup. I play AC/DC, Metallica, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie and most metal, and this beginner's guitar is not exactly the best for more heavy stuff. If you want a real meaty rock/metal tone, do what I did and get the pickup "booster pack" from Musicyo as well, it'll make it sound better, and will only cost about as much as the focus. It sounds better than all of my friends' guitars, and all they have are custom strats and Ibanezes w/humbuckers, but the dual rails and quad rails in the booster pack top that five-fold.

For the music I play, its pretty good, just need to put new parts in this incredibly cheap axe to make it truly reminiscent of an '80s Kramer. The quality, however, is not cheap. If it were lost or stolen, there would be a brief 10 minute period of grief, and then I would move on and buy probably another Kramer, from Musicyo. They're awesome, Tenessee to Northern Virginia in just 2 days with reasonably priced fedex, whoa. I've contacted them with some questions about my axe, and they replied in about a day or 2. If you wanna get a beginner electric guitar after playing acoustic for a few years, want one thats the best quality possible, all without breaking the bank, if youre a starving artist like me, get this Kramer. I'm most certainly sure you'll like it, unless youre rich and picky, and can afford an overpriced Gibson. Its better than any sqire Strat I've seen and played out there. It's not exactly a Van Halen 1984 remake (which they sell on the site for about? $700 w/a hard case, but its a Kramer, and that means good quality, and a rockin time.

Ordering this from online, I expected a bad/no set up. Using the very helpful instructions from the seller (musicyo.com), I found it was very fun and very easy to set up. the action is super low (about 1 or 2 mm), and absoulutely no fret buzz! thats amazing! The frets are very well mounted and well, fretted. The hardware is all good, the trem (Vintage 6-screw) is actually one of the best I've played so far. The tone/volume knobs are slightly tilted, but it's only noticeable when viewed sideways, and dosent seem to affect anything. My major/only problem was the neck, where its mounted at the body, it seemed to be sanded a little too-well, and looked a bit worn, no big though, I'm not picky. The neck still fit the cavity good, and the finish on the rosewood f/b is superbly awesome, which is probably the only "Vintage" thing about this guitar, if its supposed to be a remake of a classic '80s Kramer. Kinda looks like an old '85 Pacer Deluxe, save the floyd. I'll be sure to upgrade it so that maybe it'll be like one soon enough.