Focus VT111S review by Kramer

Kramer: Focus VT111S

Purchased from: Metronome Music

There is different tones to get out of it. I play rock, Hard rock, Metal, Classic rock, Acoustic rock(Fade to Black, A tout la Monde) ect. I use a Randall RX15 amp and a High Voltage Fender Chord. Not very noisy. Everything is turned up all the way except the volume. Nice sound but could be more bassier and more distorted. Some sounds you can make but not much of a variety to choose from but that's fine with me. Good sound for a lot of Rock bands.

Like I said I play all kinds of Rock, it's a great match. I've been playing for 10 months but sound like I have for years. I would of asked nothing about this guitar, it's perfect for me. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again. I love everything on it but I wish it had a Floyd Rose Tremelo on it but if I get the money for one I will get it installed. I compared it to Jackson Dinky(not sure witch kind) and this one is way better. I've compared it to a Squier Tele and Strat and this one is a way better choice. Buy this guitar you wont regret it!

This guitar could easily withstand Live playing. With a nice set of Ernie Ball super slinkys it stays in tune very good. But when it stops staying in tune you need to replace the strings. The hardware will last a while, and the strap buttons are solid. I would use at a gig with no backup, I can depend on it that much but I would bring another guitar with me for more tonal range. The finnish is good. Everything is Good on it. I play constantly and the finnish lasts and the frets probably will not get worn down.

My Kramer was set up well when I got it. The action was high but my it was my first electric and so I couldnt really care but now that I'm more advanced I lowered it. The pickups were adjusted good but I choose to set it up myself after watching a concert. My Humbucker is as close to the strings as possible and my single coil are down lower and it sounds great. Great Harmonics. No flaws in it what so ever. The pickup selector is a tad noisy and my input jack was loose. It also had bad soudering but was easily fixed and the jack was tightened. Perfect!

There are the standared features on this guitar as any other. 5-way selector switch, 6 screw bridge(with whammy), a Strat style double cutaway design with Kramer headstock. Active Electronics, jumbo frets, 1volume 2tone, nonlocking Kramer tuners. 1 Kramer usa humbucker with 2 Kramer usa single coil pick ups. Has a 3-ply pick guard with a hard maple fret board. Laminated nato/alter body. The nut is a pvc. it's width is 1.68". Pvc dot inlays, 25.5 scale length, 21 fret, 12" radius and a Flat string Tree inbetween the E and B string. It is a solid body electric guitar.