FT211S review by Kramer

• Reviewer's score: 5.2 Decent
Kramer: FT211S

Purchased from: www.musicyo.com

This guitar is basically made for rocking out. The bridge humbucker gives ample crunch - especially considering the price of the guitar. However, the single coil pickups are reather noisy. Because of some floppy pieced in the bridge, the strings have a tendency to buzz alot, not from the fretboard, but from the bridge. This is a noise that you can hear when using a clean channel to an amp, but when you're running distortion you can't notice it. Rather bland sounding, overall. Better lows than highs, and the mids are on the fence.

Okay. All of my friends bought the 70-90 dollar focus guitars off musicyo.com - and they played INCREDIBLY well for the price - in fact, they played as well as any mexi Strat. So, I figured i'd get the $100 Pacer and outdo them all (this guitar now sells for $130 off the site). Didn't is humble me when I got this guitar in and all of those Focus guitars BLEW it out of the water! I sold it for the same price I paid, and used that money to buy the cheaper Focus, which I am MUCH more happy with.

I've had to work on just about everything but the pickups. The finish will not last long - I can already tell that for some reason the finish was originally metallic red, instead of blue. The strap button came off while playing after about 6 months of use, so I had to make it a new hole. The part where the chord goes in fell apart once. I've only owned this guitar for a YEAR. This guitar just didn't like me.

Okay, here is where I got very mad about this guitar - someone at the factory really screwed up. First of all, there were about three spots on the painted back opf the neck that were blotchy. The two-point floating fulcrum bridge - a bridge that I will never play again. It was held in by only two tension springs. So, whenever you tried to tune to standard, the bridge would raise off the guitar body about half an inch. Obviously, this made it impossible to tune. So, I had to put another spring in. But when I took the back plate off to do this, I noticed that the thing that the springs attatched to was BARLEY screwed into the body. This could have been a decent axe if they had put it together right.

Neck: Maple Neck Profile: Slim-Taper Construction: Bolt-On Body: Laminated Alder/Nato Neck Pickup: Single Coil Middle Pickup: Single Coil Bridge Pickup: Open Coil Humbucker Controls: 5-Way Pickup Selector One Master Volume One Tone Control Bridge: 2 Point Floating Fulcrum Tremolo (I HATE THIS BRIDGE) Machine Heads: Die Cast Nut: PVC Nut Width: 1.68" Frets: 22 - Nickel/Steel Headstock: Non-Reverse, Traditional Kramer (Bannana Looking) Fingerboard: 22 fret, Rosewood F/B Radius: 14" Scale Length: 25.5" F/B Inlay: PVC Dots Finishes: Lake Placid Blue NOTE: The site calls it "Lake Placid Blue" but it is actually Metallic Blue. I don't know why.

Ali-b912
    why do so many people call the lead a cord and always spell it chord? THATS A TYPE OF MUSICAL TECHNIQUE FOOLS!!!! anyway, id say the main reason for ur guitar being somewhat crap is the lack of support gibson give to kramer.
    sum41fan13
    This guitar is great for begginers or intermediates. I love the color and sound.
    corvette45
    i`ve been playin this since i started in sept. 2008 and it`s pretty good for the price, the strings that come with it are a bit crappy though
    jeffo46
    I just ordered one of these from Musician's Friend, where they're going for only 99 bucks. When it comes in, I'll give it a setuo, intonation check, and shield the pickup cavity and then I'm sure it'll be a pretty good axe to use.