Pacer Classic review by Kramer

Kramer: Pacer Classic

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

The sound is full and rich and very versatile one of the most versatile guitars out there today of any kind. I'm using two JCM 800 Marshall half stacks and a Boss ME-50 and ME-70 like I said the sound is full and rich and very versatile. Very professional sounding guitar.

I play classic hard rock and blues and some jazz this model does it all. The luthiers in Indonesia and china have become some of the very best guitar makers in the world. they most certainly match anything and even pass anything the USA puts out today. my hat is off to them. the quality and craftsmanship are simply top professional. I would most certainly buy another guitar from Indonesia that's how great they are!

Perfect for live stage and recording. I would most certainly use with out back up. Hardware is most certainly professional quality as is the finish! This guitar is very solid and will out last me. Strap buttons are also very solid. there isn't a live show out there that this guitar couldn't handle and that's a fact!

Everything is booked matched. the finish is flawless. top professional quality Hardware and craftsmanship. the maple neck is very fast and smooth. and the action set up was perfect rite out of the box. all i did was change the strings. Kramer is coming back in a huge way!

Indonesia is were this brilliant guitar was made. Has all the goodies as a 1983 Pacer had and more. The tremolo is fantastic no problems at all love the medium jumbo frets with a perfect mahogany body. The tuners are Gotoh style with a 14:1 gear ratio. Electronics are professional quality. Simply a Brilliant Guitar!

kster69
    I'm giving an honest statement of these guitars and I'm only trying to help. My "used" Kramermentioned above is much older than I thought, it is a 1994. I have to tell you that even before I had it worked on, this guitar was my favorite and by far the most comfortable guitar I'v ever played. After new pot's, jack, low action intonation, this guitar is the best $350(total) I'v ever spent!!! Now, the new 2014 Pacer has a different neck that I am not pleased with. More of a thin "D" shaped and just doesnt have a quality feel of my older one in my opinion. Brand new, at under $400 nice overall guitar, I will invest in another neck and have some other ideas to make it my new "FrankenKramer". If you find one of these older used Pacers at the music shop, check it out!
    kster69
    One more update: I'v learned a lot about these and many guitars now. My new black Pacer Classic is pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me. I told guitar center I didn't like the neck on the first one (mentioned above) and they replaced it for me, good job GC. Rundown of it: The stock pickups are not that bad but replace with what you like if needed, FR spaced JB in the bridge is awesome! Just replace the pots with CTS or premium pots right away,$25. Install a "big block" on the Floyd rose, increased sustain & tone incredibly! I sanded down the neck and board edges just a little and stained the headstock for vintage look. Changed the 3 knobs. This guitar is cut and contoured for the most comfortable play and has old school med-jumbo frets like an LP or standard Strat. This Kramer has a fantastic maple neck and board! The Kramer Floyd Rose is excellent & stays in tune perfectly, I like a FR bridge, play nicely. Use another guitar for drop tuning changes etc. Overall, well under $600 all brand new. A few upgrades and a little work that I had a blast doing & I'm tellin ya, it's a Bad-Ass "go to" guitar, clean to wild shreds!!! The used red Pacer I mentioned was not from the 90's, was likely 2010 or so. Pretty sure Kramer was in limbo for a decade or so before Gibson put them back in business... Call me a "crotch rocker" or whatever man. My Kramer Pacer Classic ROCKS & I'll play with it until I can't play anymore...
    kster69
    I picked up a used Red Pacer Classic about 6 months ago. I fell in love with the guitar instantly. It has noticable fret wear but the thing feels and plays like a dream! I'd say it might be 2-4 years old and was definatly used. The pot's just gave out and I'm having my local guitar tech replace them with a full low action setup (minor issue). I love this guitar so much I have another one odered NEW in Black and having a S/D JB put in the bridge. I'll update on them both ASAP.
    RetroGunslinger
    The cheap new kramers are really great guitars for the money, perfect for modding aswell. We need some reviews of the high end new ones though.
    SeanAnson
    Satchel does not use the stock pup's, he uses duncans. I have this guitar and its ****in bitchin! Planning on dropping DiMarzios in and a brass block, then she'll be ready to melt some faces!
    MYHARD
    I have this one Kramer Pacer Classic about 4 months. It's very good guitar. You can make dive bomb, and still tune. I replaced bridge stock pickup for Ibanez Infinity, it's much better. Next I'll change for DiMarzio's or other.
    saint_berzerker
    "The luthiers in Indonesia and china have become some of the very best guitar makers in the world. they most certainly match anything and even pass anything the USA puts out today" ...would you just stop it, please? Just stop it.