Pacer FT202S review by Kramer

Kramer: Pacer FT202S

Purchased from: Musicyo.com

The pickups give an amazing warm tone when on the rythm channel. On the treble site you get a nice clean sound. It goes well with any Marshall amp and I use a Zoom 606 for effects. The guitar is great at both extremes of the scale. Turn the tone down and flick onto rythm for a great blues feeling, or turn the tone almost full and go to treble for a clean modern rock sound.

I play a mix of rock/punk/emo/metal. This guitar is a great bargain for any learning guitarists, and I recommend it. This is my first guitar, so if it got stolen I would be pretty angry about it. I love playing it. The best feature about it is the slim neck. It feels really smooth to play on and you can have the action really low without buzzing. If it somehow had an SG style bridge, it would be 10 out of 10.

I have owned this guitar for 5 years and performed live on a number of occasions, without having a backup guitar with me and it has served well. The I've never had any problems with the strap buttons. I've had to have it re-wired.

When it came, the action was slightly too high but the intonation was fine. The pickups were too low, but they are easy to adjust. There was a slight crackling sound on the volume control, but I know a friend who knows a few tricks. Inside the electric box the finish is rough, but I dont mind because it's inside afterall.

This guitar has a slim, tapered 22 fret neck, made of hard maple and has a rosewood fingerboard. It feels great to play and it's easy to play bar (or barre) chords on. Laminated lader/nato body. Satin black finish. Strat shape the the strings go through the body and it has a 2-point floating fulcrum tremelo. Epiphone double open-coil humbuckers. Volume and tone control, 3 way pick-up select. None locking Kramer machineheads. Came with small 10 watt amp, soft carry case, lead, 2 packs of strings, plectrums, strap and tuner.