Pacer FT202S review by Kramer

Kramer: Pacer FT202S

Purchased from: Musicyo.com

The pickups are quiet as Humbuckers should be. Well balanced and a little on the bright side. Not real hot but they have enough output for most metal music. I'm using the Zoom 606 pedal and I can either clean it up or make it as dirty as I want. I give it a 9 here because it lacks slighty in clarity.

Was expecting it to be made in china at least but when I saw the made in Indonesia I then started seeing the setup problems. A new set of strings and a good complete setup was what it needed to play well. Wish the neck was slightly thinner and the spacing slightly closer. For the low price it's a bargain and I might order another one.

For $89.00 I really can't complain and setting it up for my taste is half the fun anyway but this should have been better. It seems like it's going to be a good guitar in the long run. Stays in tune and plays very well. I really don't care for the control layout. I will swap the three way switch with the volume control for more ease of use.

I was suprised with the fret job. The ends are polished very well and smooth. It's normal to have to set any new guitar up but when this one came the neck was not completly mounted tight and one pickup screw from each pickup was hanging loose. The finish is smooth and appears flawless. only two springs for the tremelo, I had to order a set to lock the tremelo down. A 4 here for not setting it up at least half way.

2006 model made in indonesia. Maple neck with alder/nato body. Twin Humbuckers. Red Metallic finish. Two point floating tremelo, Black hardware. one volume and one tone knob and one three way switch. The neck is pretty fat and the spacing is wide like the american fenders. Body is light weight. Give it a 10 here for features because it has all you would need for various styles.

binjajer
    Ehhh... Kramer went downhill since evh's time... I still have a custom shop Pacer from 87, and it's absolutely the best guitar I've ever had.
    thedayididntdie
    haha, i also have an '87 pacer, and it is my favorite guitar ever. i like it more then my ibanez rg570, or even my schecter c-7 hellraiser