Striker 211 review by Kramer

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Kramer: Striker 211

Price paid: € 156

Purchased from: work

I mostly play anything from rock to metal and it works okay... Not the best guitar in the she'd however. The singlecoils tend to get muddy fairly easily and the humbucker sounds a bit treblish. With mild overdrive it's able to get a nice lil bluesy tone out but just don't expect too much. With heavy distortion the singlecoils are pretty much worthless but with a good EQ, the humbucker works okay. It doesn't hum a lot however.

I play anything from rock to metal and it's made for it. Period. It's not the best guitar in the world however, it needs a good EQ. I've been playing for many years, I have lots of other guitars (Gibson SG, Ibanez RX, Gibson LP Vertigo, Epiphone Buzzsaw, Epiphone LP Studio and of course my 2 own-built guitars) and this guitar is a nice addition to the collection. If it was stolen I'd buy another one even though it's not a top-notch guitar, it just plays nice and light and it looks good. I did switch the pick-ups however, I put in 2 Seymour Duncan hot-stacks and a SH-8 Invader. It sounds a whole lot better now... But it cost more than the entire guitar in the end.

This guitar will be gig-worthy, the hardware looks solid, the straplocks are nice and big, the poly-finish won't wear easily. I'd go on stage with it without back-up if I wasn't paranoid about broken strings and such... I did switch the pick ups with 2 Seymour Duncan hotstacks and a sh-8 invader however... I want my sound to be full and powerful on stage.

The action was great! Nice and low, exactly how I want it. I adjusted the singlecoil pick up heights however, the middle one was way lower than the neck position. The guitar did not have any flaws what so ever, everything works fine and looks fine. No fretbuzz, no cracks.

My Striker was made in Indonesia in the year 2012. It has 24 frets and it's said to be made of mahogany and maple but for the price I purchased it for I doubt it. It's trans-black with black hardware, fixed bridge (I hate floyd rose) it has 2 passive singlecoil pick ups in the neck and middle position and one humbucker in the bridge. I bought the guitar only, no case, no gigbag, nothing.

yam12strings
    The whole world is so ignorant -_- It's like when something is made in America it's instantly Bigger and better! I agree with a small part of what Halodestroyer had said ". Face it, you're paying for the stamp on the back of the headstock (Made in the US of A)," It's so stupid because people forget who make the parts and the instruments needed to make the more expensive american guitars with the no.1 distributer being CHINA , China sells a lot of parts to make these Tele's and Strats and at such a cheap price that workers get paid below minimum wage a week , Korea,China and Indonesia are by no mean horrible manufacturers of guitars and when you say the country is you're saying all the companys are horrible and you say it like you know of all the guitar brands and makes in that country , and what you've only seen is the large brand names e.g Squire,Ibanez,Epiphone and others ETC. But you havn't actually taken a risk by trying these labels you've never heard of ! A prime example would be foreign cars , in the past people didn't want a foriegn car but now look at Honda or Toyota! I think that this world has way to many guitar snobs.