Striker 211 FR Custom review by Kramer

Kramer: Striker 211 FR Custom

Purchased from: eBay

This guitar is perfect for the style I purchased it for. I wanted a guitar with a Floyd Rose on it, with a flamboyant style. I bought it with the intention of playing Van Halen, Dokken, Winger, Poison, Steel Panther, etc. And this guitar is absolutely perfect for it. I have played it thru a 15 watt Line 6 Spider, and a 100 watt Fender Frontman 212R, with various effect pedals. I absolutely love how it sounds out of both amps. I use it for Glam Metal, but I have also played cleans/blues/hard rock with it and it gets the job done. The bridge pickup has a great treble sound to it. I use the single coils for rhythm work, but I basically stick with the humbucker. The Floyd Rose is perfect for divebombs and other trem effects.

I play alot of 80's style hair metal with this guitar. This guitar is perfect for this style, considering Eddie Van Halen, Ritchie Sambora, Vivian Campbell, Mick Mars, Eddie Ojeda, and Reb Beach endorsed Kramer. I have been playing guitar seriously for almost 3 years now. I own an Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Paul, an Epiphone G400, and an Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe. I love this guitar, because it is my only guitar with a tremolo, HSS, setup, and a maple neck. I would go buy another one in a heartbeat if it were stolen, although I would be sad because finding one in Trans-Purple is like finding a needle in the haystack. I love everything about the guitar. The only thing I don't care for are the single coil pickups, but they got the job done. I love the finish, bridge humbucker, and Floyd Rose trem. This guitar is simply amazing. BUY IT!

YouTube preview picture

I would use this guitar in a gig any day. I am actually using it in a guitar solo for my upcoming talent show. The hardware and Floyd Rose is very solid, although I could see myself buying some Floyd upgrades and dropping an original Floyd Rose into it. The pickups are great, and I don't see any reason why they would need replaced. I could see myself swapping in an EVH pickup, even though the bridge pickup is great. I don't use the neck pickups enough to need them changed, although I would possibly in the future. The strap buttons are dependable from what I've used, although I play sitting down most of the time. The finish is very glossy and looks very nice. I don't think it would ever wear away.

They sent me the guitar and it wasn't tuned at all. After a little tuning and adjustment, it was ready to be played. The Floyd Rose trem was pretty well set-up, but I had to work a little bit on the locking nut, and adjust it a smidge to allow it to be tightened enough it wouldn't come out of tune. The finish looked absolutely perfect. The pickups were evenly balanced and played great out of the box. The tuning pegs and neck play excellently. The frets were very nice, and playing quick solos and scales right out of the box was a breeze.

I bought my Kramer Striker 211 Custom from Nashville Guitar Shop's eBay store. It was manufactured in Indonesia, and it features a Mahogany body and flamed maple top. It features 24 medium frets. The neck is maple and is very good for shredding. Mine is in the discontinued Trans-Purple finish. The guitar features a Floyd Rose Licensed locking trem. It comes with 1 passive Alnico Humbucker and 2 single coil pick ups. It has a volume and tone knob, 5-way selector, and the Treble-Bleed Mod. It came with a wrench for tuning.

andersstruve
    I seriously considered buy this guitar, this is a very good review. I especially like the ssh rig of this guitar. But on that not being tuned bit, of course they loosened the strings, or otherwise in the shipping process, the strings could break under the cabin pressure of the plane. Remember rock isn't dead; it just smells funny.