Striker 300ST review by Kramer

• Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Kramer: Striker 300ST

When my dad had this guitar he was touring with it and he used a Peavey stack, I wasn't even born so I don't really know but my dad said it use to sound pretty good. At the moment just have a little Marshall 10 watt practice amp that has built in distortion and stuff and it sounds ok but if you drown it in distortion it can get a little bit noisy (like a buzz). It starts to get a serious buzz on the first pickup (I think it's the first) even if you have it playing clean. With the right settings you can get some pretty nice sounds out of this guitar!

I have been playing for about 2 and a half years and I play mainly hard rock and metal and this guitar was designed for that, it matches the style well. I have ordered a ESP LTD Viper 50 and it is coming in soon so at the moment this is the only guitar I have (it is the first guitar I ever had by the way). If it was stolen I wouldn't buy it again because I have a new guitar coming in but is is still very good. I think this is a good guitar for beginners because it's pretty cheap and it sounds good. I recommend this guitar!

I think it has something to do with me being left handed and the guitar being right handed (I change the strings around) but when you move up the fretboard it can start to get a little bit out of tune (but lower down it's fine). The finish is good, scratches are pretty hard to see unless you go looking for them.

Josh58RATT
    Dude don't trash the Striker. my Dad gave me his and its great. Maybe youshould take better care of it.
    GodxEatxGod
    I got a Striker 300 st with the ohsc for 120! s/s/h setup. Put a Seymourduncan dimebucker in it and this is a damn good sounding guitar. I love the laquered neck,ik i spelt it wrong but otherwise. You can get strikers dirt cheap and they compare to midrange guitars today. If you can get your hands on one get it!!!
    GodxEatxGod