Striker 300ST review by Kramer

Kramer: Striker 300ST

Purchased from: Moore music

When I bought this with the stock pickups it had a decent tone to it, the singles had a good classic tone to it that I would play hendrix or anything 60s or 50s rock with. The stock humbucker had a good rock tone to it, good enough to suit maiden or most hard rock or metal bands, you could still get some bluesy tones out of all the pickups tho.I upgraded to a Seymour Duncan dimebucker with a split coil tapper, It really brought this thing to life and wich I would recomend everybody to getting one!

I got it for a steal of a price with its ohsc so I was very impressed with the price. I play metal, rock to blues and it matches the styles of music great. I've been playing around 3 years now and I run it through a Peavey Vypyr 75 and it sounds great! If it was lost or stolen I would be pretty p***** off but I would either find another striker or get a higher up 80's Kramer. My 2 favorite things about this guitar is the neck and the look.I haven't played another guitar that I loved the neck so much on and you just can't beat the great look of an 80s Kramer.

I've never played a live gig just played with freinds but this guitar I feal like it would be abble to gig. Its a very durable guitar with a thick finish and good hardware. Its from the mid 80's so it does have a few dings and chips but overall the guitar is very solid and I would rely a lot on it.

I bought it used from Moore music and there setup was good on it. Good low action with the pickups and bridge adjusted rite. Here's one big reason I love this guitar, it feals very nice in your hands.its a bit heavy but the neck to me is like heaven with how it is very smooth!

The Kramer Striker 300 ST has a s/s/h setup with a 5 way switch, 2 volumes and one tone knob. Locking floyd rose trem. 22 fret lacqured neck, rosewood finger board, dot inlays. Seems to be a plywood body with a nice aged white finish and the duller hockey stick headstock.

its_minchew
    I like the guitar, hate the dimebucker. Tried it in a couple different guitars, and honestly it sounded worse than my EMG HZs in my Schecter. When I think Kramer I tend to the Dimarzio for some reason personally. Glad you like your guitar though
    danvwman
    I picked up a Midnight Blue one for $40, frets in super shape had Grover tuners but the fret board was very dry. I used Browns orange oil paste. The board looks like new now. I put a sh6 at the bridge and replaced the cheap ass single ply pick guard and this one came with a coil tap switch too. I would put the quality of this guitar somewhere in between a mexi and a US strat. You can get em cheap so as long as the neck is fine buy it and do some up grades and you will have an awesome guitar.
    GodxEatxGod
    I'm picking up a red one from guitar center for $120. Love my white one so much I couldn't resist. Kramer for life!
    randyfan98
    I have this Korean made 300HST (or is it ST, anyways). Yeah the body is plywood and it weighs a ton but the neck feels great and the single pickups have a nice twangy sound. Mine has also survived massive drops, and it never goes out of tune. Its apple green color makes people talk (lol) I just wish it had a white pickguard
    Maidenheadsteve
    Picked mine up for $50 and modded the hell out of it; dimebucker bridge, area 61 middle, hot rails neck. Killswitch, and a Floyd special bridge. Mine came with a pre-fine tuner Floyd, no recess either. Its not a high class guitar, but my god it has survived the most ridiculous drops imaginable.