Striker Custom FR424CM review by Kramer

Kramer: Striker Custom FR424CM

Purchased from: musicyo.com

The guitar is actually made for heavy and hard music (metal, hardcore, metalcore) and damn. This baby plays and sounds really really beautiful for metal. Arch Enemy, Lamb Of God, etc will be nice and easy to play. But do not asume it is only for the metalheads, you can play some clean melodys and it sounds great too, add some chorus and a tip of delay, hey this guitar can do anything. From death metal to some Soda Stereo songs. The Floyd Rose is actually very good, and can withstand some abuse to get that Dimebag squeals, you would expect some cheap dumb system, but you will get a nice surprise when you try the whammy bar. The pickups are awesome, it roars when the gain is on top, probably sounds better than a Ibanez, (tried it with one) so you get some nice high output pickups! I run it through a Yamaha DG Stomp and a Marshall MG100DFX combo, I use both the amp's distortion and sometimes de DG's distortion, but hey, any sound I want, I can get it.

I've been playing mainly classical guitar for almost 5 years, and this guitar was merely a "ghibrizzi", I play most metal with it, but I can play anything I want with it, so, I was checking an electric guitar to buy, checked an Ibanez RG270, and I almost buy that one, but my stepfather suggested the musicyo site, and I gave it a try, I fell in love from the first time I saw it. I wouldn't recommend anything else for the price, it beats some jacksons and some Ibanez for maybe half the price, so, just buy to believe.

I would probably use a backup guitar (because of the floyd rose system) the hardware is pretty tough, the tuners are really nice, but the strap buttons seem a little weak (probably get some straplocks) it has received some bumps and not a scratch on it. I absolutely lob this thing. I also have a Fender Squier Bullet Special, and this is my only axe, the other guitar is kind of dumb, but hey, the style defines the features you look on a guitar (in most of the cases).

The factory set-up was not the best I could wish, but with some adjustments I got a shred machine (I can't shred yet, but a frend o mine can, and that was his veredict)the strings were kind of old, so I replaced them, adjusted the system to the new strings, and job done! I probably can't find any flaw on this thing, just maybe the volume and tone pots, kind of loosen, but nothing important.

I got it at 169 bucks offer from the guys at musicyo, actually it costs 225, but with the shipping and import taxes (I Live in Mexico) was like 220 dlls for the whole thing, don't know exactly when (2004/06) probably, and where (maybe indonesia)it was made, it has a Strat type body, 24 frets jumbo, maple neck, with a "slim taper neck", an alder body, mine is Vintage sunburst (very nice)a licensed floyd rose double locking tremolo, and dual and quadrail pickups (pretty loud), 5-way pickup selector, dual tap mode (humbuckers to singlecoils) the descriptions said it has gotoh tuners, 1 volume and 1 tone knob.

SS2112
    Could anyone OUTSIDE of the USA please tell me how much their shipping cost them and where they had it shipped to please =]
    axelinsky
    You can get this guitar directly from musicyo, and international economy shipping through FedEx is 85dlss aprox. Pretty cheap for what you get, but you may want to hold on by holidays to get the best prices EVER on the site.
    dudetheman
    How's the neck on this thing? Is it fast? I need a more shred-friendly guitar than my LP and was considering this one.