Striker Custom FR424CM review by Kramer

Kramer: Striker Custom FR424CM

Purchased from: EBAY --Kramer Dealer

I play metal, so basically Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden and some Rush. The neck allows easy shredding! I play through a late '80s Peavey Deuce with a Radial Tonebone Hot British, Ibanez Tubescreamer, and Dunlop Wah pedal. The Hot British makes this guitar sound awesome and plus it's used by Kirk Hammett. It has a bright tone that holds a note well.

I've owned (in order) an Epiphone SG, Ibanez SA, and now this and it's easily the cheapest guitar out of all of them and might possibly be the best for the price. The best thing about it is it was 265 and if you wreaked it the guitar could be replaced. If the guitar was stolen or lost I'd buy another one. I was going to waste 1200 on an ESP ltd h-1001 and for the price you could buy 4 of these Kramers since nobodys has them it's kinda rare.

Yes everything will last on this guitar although I'm thinking about swapping the stock pickups for Steve Vai's Evolution Set. But, that's only because I'd rather depend on Dimarzio rather than a no name brand. Strap button's are solid! I'd recommend getting strap locks because I would hate to drop the thing. Keep in mind I bought this guitar without playing it.

Well lets just say it was new from Ebay so you get what you get. The fret edges were extremely sharp and I actually cut my fretting hand up. That's an easy fix! Had loose screws, but nothing major. Retards could even fix these problems. Action was a bit high and the color was excellent.

This guitar was made in 2002 and is one of the newer Kramer's. 24 frets with alder body and a maple fretboard. Floyd Rose bridge with passive quad and dual pickups. 5 way selector with more options when you pull the volume knob out. Has a good tuning lock!

kylemcm
    Shipping was 25 outside the USA and mine was bought on an offer of 240...the guy actually wanted 270 plus shipping. The neck is fast!!