Striker Custom FR424CM review by Kramer

Kramer: Striker Custom FR424CM

Purchased from: Music 123

I play lots of '80s stuff, and this does the job just fine. However, the pickups are a little dark for me, but that's ok. No noise what'soever. It's incredible moving from a Strat with all single coils to this as there is a huge difference in the amount of noise (I use it thru a Peavey Valveking). Oh yeah, and the pickups are extremely high output for passives.

For me, this is a great guitar. I love it. I have been playing 2 years thru a Squier Strat, I know most people hate these but I love mine, I'm never getting rid of it and now I have this. I would definetly get anothe one. The only thing I don't like about this is the shoddy routing job in the back, but oh well, it doesnt't affect it's playability. Hope this helps!

It seems very solid, and the neck is very solid too, and has good strap buttons, but I wouldn't Gig without a backup just because of the floyd. The finish seems durable and looks great. Did I mention the cherry sunburst looks amazing too? This thing seems like it will last me a long, long time.

It was set up pretty well when I got it, except for just a little bit of fret buzz. The pickups seem about in the right spot, really close to the strings. Just how I like em. One thing I don't really like about the guitar is the back routing is really sloppy, but other than that this guitar is gorgeous.

Made 2007 in Indonesia. 24 frets maple fretboard on maple neck with really easy high fret access. It has an adler body with a flame maple top (cherry sunburst finish). Superstrat style body with a licensed floyd and a H/S/H pickup arrangement. Volume and push pull coil splitting tone knob and a 5 way Switch. I believe he tuners are gotoh SG tuners. It also comes with a little clamp on the back of the headstock that holds 2 allen wrenches that you can use to adjust just about anything on the guitar except the truss rod (that's a bigger allen wrench that comes in a bag).

BarbaJoe
    Hello dudes. I own an Ibanez GRG270 and i just love it. I was thinking in get this axe as a second /back up guitar. What do you think about that? it's very different from low price ibanez? better maybe? Thanks
    DeViLDoG(EyEZ)
    CAN SOMEONE POST SOME PIX OF THE VINTAGE SUNBURST STRIKER cuz im gonna get one of these guitars and i want to see the other color besides the cherry sunburst so if someone could PLEEEEEZE post some pictures of the vintage sunburst that'd be AWSOME!!!!
    DeViLDoG(EyEZ)
    CAN SOMEONE POST SOME PIX OF THE VINTAGE SUNBURST!!! i really want one of these guitars but id like to see the other color besides the cherry sunburst SO PLEEEEEZE POST SOME PIX!!!
    Jackolas
    I just got the CR version of this with a tune-omatic and rosewood fretboard, I couldn't recommend it enough!!
    vanvan1234
    can you pull the whammy bar in this guitar i heard that you can't because of the setting
    1201ZJ
    Peice of shit. My First act guitar stays in tune better than this peice of shit. I sold my Kramer today for $75. Good riddens.
    Superguitar
    888jaymer wrote: I have one and i dont like it because the whammy bar keeps coming loose.
    You can fix that y'know. Use one of the allen wrenches that comes with it and theres a spot in the back of the guitar that you can tighten the tremolo with.
    Jackolas
    These guitars are secks. If you have problems with tuning take it for a set up ffs...
    twiggy101
    Im gunna get this but the sm modell the one with one guad and two dual rail pickups . I cant get to a shop to play one could anyone tell me if they are as good as the cm model thanks