Vanguard FR440S review by Kramer

Kramer: Vanguard FR440S

Purchased from: MusicYo.com

I play mostly like the old Metallica, some Led Zepplin, Pantera, you know the normal rock/metal groups. It suits this great the pickups are amazingly crunchy for beign stock. I use it through and Ibanez TB25R for the time being, and it sounds great. It is not overly noisy, but it has the normal amounts of feedback when close to the amp. I don't often even use that many effects I use a Korg AX1500G or a Korg AX30G and it sounds amazing through both. It has a very ballsy sound. It has a crunch, and lets of great harmonics. It can make some of the oldHendrix sounds but with an acoustic pedal I can make it do country if I would like (I have tried this for the fun of It) I have played blues, rock, heavy metal... It seems to be able to do all of them with a good amount of satisfaction.

like I said before I play alot of hard stuff, but I do play some blues and jazzy riffs on it as well, and it works wel for all of them. I have been playing for about 5 years and own many other guitars. I own a Jackson Soloist, a Gibson Les Paul Custom, a Gibson Les Paul Standard along with many others. I also own many amps such as my Ibanez and my Marshall's. I would definately buy it again if it hapenend to get lost or stolen. I love this guitar just because of the variety of sounds you can get out of it. I compared it to other Kramers such as the Baretta line, and I chose this one for not only the looks it just sounded like an overall bette tguitar than most of them.

I have played this guitar live, and it stands up just fine. The hardware has lasted for a while so far, and hopefully will last for a long time-being that I have had no problems with it. None of the finish has worn off though I have put a couple of marks on it by mistake, but those were my fault. The finish seems very think and appears to last well. The strap buttons are solid but I definitely reccomend strap locks no matter what kind of strap you use. I depend on it, definately, it has never given me any problems. I would never gig without a backup, but I wouldn't think that with this guitar you should need one.

It was set up fairly well, I had to lower the action slightly and fix the intonation but other than that it was good. The pickups were perfect. The bridge was great it is routed into the body for upwardpitch shifting on the Floyd. It all semmed like it was good to me, I didn't see any flaws in the finish the neck was right, the nut-everyhting seemed fine.

This guitar was fairly recently made (don't know the exact year). It has 24 frets and a black metallic solid top. It has a 3 way Switch, coil tapping, a volume and a tone nob. It has an H/H configuration and it has 2 quadrail pickups. Each quadrail is 2 humbuckers so it's 4 total. With the coil tapping it changes, and makes it sound more like a regular humbucker. In the middle it has a M4S and at the bridge it has B4S. Canadian Hard Maple, elliptical, slim taper, bolt-on neck. The body is North american alder. It has a "v" type body but it is more along the lines of a Jackson Randy Rhoads model. It has a licensed Floyd. It has non locking Gotoh SG tuners. Came with a cable, and allen wrenches sets to make adjustments.