Paranoid review by Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath: Paranoid
  • Released: Sep 18, 1970

It's Heavy Metal, Rock. Black Sabbath basically made heavy mainstream and they made it a lot better.

I think Ozzy wrote some of his best lyrics ever for this album the ones that stand out the most in my opinion are the lyrics for "Hand of Doom" which has a pretty serious tone and lyrics warning against the dangers of drugs. Other songs with strong lyrics are "Electric Funeral" and "War Pigs"

I think this is one of the stand out metal albums of all time. If your a metal fan and dont own this album definitely get it. I love Tony Iommi's guitar riffs and amazing solos my favorite song guitar wise is probably "Fairies Wear Boot" which is amazing, in my opinion one of the best guitarists ever. If Tony leaves the band there is no more Black Sabbath. Ozzy has amazing lyrics for this album. Geezer definitely stands out on bass in the "Hand of Doom" intro which shows how you can play something simple but make it sound amazingly cool. Bill on drums doenst really stand out much but without the bass drum beating at the beggining of "Iron Man" it wouldnt be the same. Overall this is an amazing cd that I think everyone should buy.