Arkane Matt Design 100 Review

review (1) pictures (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Arkane Matt Design 100 Reviewed by: ninja_stewie, on august 20, 2010

Price paid: A$ 400

Purchased from: Bandland

Features: It was made in China not sure what year tho. It has 24 frets a licensed Floyd Rose but the a nut came loose so I had to take out the Floyd and tighten it but it only took like 10 min. It has a bolt on neck a locking nut and hit has two humbuckers and a single coil in the middle. It came with some Allen keys and it has a basswood body and a maple neck. // 8

Sound: I use it with a Line 6 spider iii 15w amp and a digitek bad monkey overdrive and occasionally a Vox wahwah. The middle single coil pickup has an awesome clean tone almost Acoustic so you can play songs by 'The Police' and the bridge pickup sounds awesome with heavy distortion so you can do great 'metallica' on it and the neck pickup sounds pretty good but the amp holds it back a lot but its 100 times better than my old guitar a $180 Strat copy form aldi (a super market). // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar has a great action and the setup was awesome on it but the frets were a tad but rusty and so were the strings when I first got home with it I did a dive bomb with the whammy bar it instantly went out of tune cause the locking nut wasn't done up fully lol. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The guitar seems to be put together pretty well everything seems like it will last for years to come there are no loose thins on it except a nut on the bottom of the Floyd. I haven't played live yet but if I do I wont need a backup the finish on the guitar is awesome it looks good and you can't see scratches on it. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this guitar is epic, better than anything els for the money I played a few guitars around the same prise range but this is the best but I will probably be getting a Fender Strat because you can't get the thin cutting sound out of humbuckers so if you want a guitar thats versatile and epic for metal, rock, blues, or alternative I recommend this guitar. // 9

Comments