Jet 100 review by Lag

Lag: Jet 100

This guitar has a real bass heavy sound from the stock pickups. The neck pickup at times can sound wooly at times but can produce a nice clean sound which can be nice for jazz (like a les paul) and a nice rock sound but its a bit limited in its range. The bridge pickup has more treble to it and as such can dial in a greater tonal range. Anything from a smooth clean to all out metal. However, its not the best for you jazz heads. However, I dropped a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge and it sounded awesome. Really responsive and handled drop tunings with ease. I admit, its not like having two high end pickups but its possible to dial in some nice tones! I played the LAG through a H&K vortex head and an Orange 4 x 12.

I have been playing for about 7 years and have had more guitars than I can shack a stick at. Not that I could afford them mind. This guitar was a cracking buy and a terrific work horse with a little bit of work. This is honestly a case of 'if you look after it, it'll look after you'. I have a Fender contemporary Strat was is my 'baby' and the LAG in honesty can't compare but in its own right it is a fantastic guitar. I would deffo buy another one if it got stolen. I know I can batter this guitar and it will still come back for more. And with the Duncan it really sings!

I have played this guitar live on many occasions and it copes with everything. Its been dropped, smacked and abused and it has withstood everything. The only thing is that one of the tuning heads is temperamental. Especially with old strings. It can be annoying but machine heads are cheap and for 120 its deffo worth it.

I had this guitar sent to me via currier and it came out of box playing fantastically. The action needed a touch of work, the low E was a tad low but it was easily fixed. That was the only thing I needed to do. The finish was fine when I got it out of the box.

Bolt-on Maple neck Rosewood fingerboard 24 Medium frets LAG high Precision machine-heads Solid Basswood body Aluminium Pickguard 2 LAG PowerMagnet humbucker pickups Fixed bridge with strings-through-body 1 volume + 1 tone 3-way pickup selector Satin Chrome finish hardware Matt finish

CydoniaKnight95
    I like how every comment so far is related to the currier comment and am i the only person that finds that the guitar is called Jet Lag?
    rocknroll93
    +1 internets. win.
    Im_Broken
    you win. +1
    EpiExplorer
    Im_Broken wrote: pingu45 wrote: I had this guitar sent to me via currier Was he indian. you win. +1
    flyingmarlin
    Big ole' stack of win.
    Vabolo
    500 points
    Akiel
    For the WIN
    Fender Dane.
    pingu45 wrote: I had this guitar sent to me via currier Was he indian.
    From wiki: A currier is a specialist in the leather processing industry. After the tanning process, the currier applies techniques of dressing, finishing and colouring ...