Jet 500 Review

manufacturer: Lag date: 02/10/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Lag: Jet 500
This is a very unique, wonderful and simply gorgeous type of guitar.
 7.9
 8.8
 1,738
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Jet 500 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 10, 2011

Features: This is a very unique, wonderful and simply gorgeous type of guitar. The shape is slightly based on the strat, but only hints. 24 frets mean it's the perfect neck for soloing and messing around on scales on a higher octave. Lock-in tuners mean it's never going to go out of tune. Wilkinson wammy bar and Di Marzio pickups, just perfect. It's only down side is how close the dials and 5 way selector are to the strings, meaning rocking-out is restricted onless you want your sound to go down or changing pick-ups. Made in china, but it realy doesn't feel like it. The factory set-up is all-right, but needs adjusting. // 8

Sound: I play from blues to metal, jazz to hard-core, rock to experimental, standard e to drop C tuning, and it can take it all, beautifully. No doubt about it, THE most versatile guitar in the world. I went in for a versatile guitar, fell in love with is straight away. I tried many fenders, epiphones, and some other weird guitars but I always had the beautiful sound this LAG in my head, comparing it to this one. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything needs to be set up to taste, just like every guitar, but this one needs alot less work, and I don't think the neck needs any adjusting, just the strings need to be lowered, otherwise, flawless. The pickups can be highered or lowered, same for the strings, but I honestly think there's no need. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I can rely on this for anything and everything. This guitar is much very reliable, concert quality and is not easily forgotten. This is my 3rd electric guitar, I've been playing for 5 years and this is by far my favourite. The finish is easily scratched, but if you're into Vintage or the "old look" of guitars, then this is great. // 9

Overall Impression: I can not say it's the best guitar, but I can say at least that it is the best guitar and the best buy I have ever made EVER. If you're looking for versatiile for under 600$, then this is the one you want. It'll hold up and sound beautiful at the same tome // 9

Comments