Roxane 100 Matt Series review by Lag

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Lag: Roxane 100 Matt Series

Purchased from: Umbrella Music

Since going from a twangy strat, I have been very intrigued with the warmth of the lag. It sounds rich and full-filling, I was very surprised with what I had in my hands. The humbuckers are hearty with plenty of grunt when needed. My music style varies, country, pop, ballads, punk, grunge, metal, old school stuff, whatever takes my fancy. It has been played threw Marshalls, 15 watt practice and a 30 watt. Also a Marlin 50cc, Vox valvatronics and an old Carlsbro, with a host of pedals.

Overall impression is that it is a good guitar. I was surprised with it and I still smile when playing it. I got this guitar cheap because the Piano company just wanted to get rid of old stock. I think I got lucky, ha, ha. If it were stolen... I'd tell the insurance company it was about 500 and get a PRS.. Good guitar, good price, what else would I want.

Its been played live a fair bit. It aint let me down ....yet. I don't play without a back up, thats foolish. Everything is solid and its very light. No back ache after playing, great! The matt finish is not the best. It chips easily, but what the heck, I always wanted a relic.

It was played straight out of the box, no problem. Come on, a man and his new toy has to be played on as soon as it came. Once all the exitement was over, every part of the guitar was checked over. The neck was smooth, no sharp frets to rip my fingers to shreds. All the nuts n bolts were checked, some times you do get the odd one loose, but not in this case. Machineheads are good, humbuckers are covered and all electrics were fine, including the jack. All nice and cosy.

Hi folks, this is my first review, so please be gentle with me. I'm reviewing my LAG Roxane matt 100 series RM100 electric guitar. Ok here,s the lowdown on what it is, Solid Basswood body, Bolt-on Maple neck. No back plate and the bolts slightly pertrude, Rosewood reinforcement rail for neck-body alignment, Black Rosewood fingerboard, 22 Medium frets, LAG high Precision machine-heads, pretty decent too, 2 LAG Standard humbucker pickups, Standard Tunomatic bridge & tailpiece in a gun metal finish. Its a dull finish, 2 independant volumes and 1 master tone, which are bevelled, 3-way pickup selector, Satin chrome finish hardware, Matt finish on the body and on the headstock. Made in China and have no idea of what year it was made. Its like a PRS rip off to be honest. I have been playing since 1999 and have always played my trusty Fender Strat, but I needed a knock about, due to me being a little careless in the past with my Strat. I've owned a cheap Aria 004, but I didn't like the sound or the feel of the neck. So I saw this and thought " sod it, lets give this thing a go!". The guitar has all the basic needs that I want. No fancy stuff.

theotherguy7145
    I don't know the name of the model, but in my local music shop they have a LAG which looks the same as this one, going for just under 2000! Christ!
    Tarsplitter
    I'm a bit confused by this review. You barely tell any negative things about it but still the scores are 6's and 7's. I don't know. I just don't see the logic in that.
    Jj795
    If i gave it all 10s , i'd have been slagged off to the roof tops. Its good for my needs and i've given the review my honest opinion. The paintwork chips easy and its got the basic guitar needs only.
    tpotter457
    Really nice guitar. I've got one, but without the humbuckers, just standard pickups. Bought it for 60 off a mate and since I'm not a particularly accomplished player it suits me fine without any extras. You're right about the chipping paintwork: mine got smashed off a table when someone was using it and their strap broke. Now theres a whole line of chips along the body which kinda detracts from the smooth looks.
    newgigger
    I've had mine for a couple of years now (it's the guitar that I learnt to play on)and its just been fine so far. yes, it is a bit basic (but then again so is my playing)and yes the finish is atrocious, but you know, that just adds a bit of character in itself. I have just started to play gigs and the Roxanne is up there with me each week and while neither of us are superstars it at least is reliable (unlike my memory of chord progressions sometimes : ). Its been a good guitar for a beginner and I will keep it.